Utah Utes football: Utes failed to finish against ASU, squandered 12-point lead
“We’re going to bounce back. That’s what we’re going to do,” Anderson said. “I don’t care who we’re playing. We’re going to play our hearts out no matter who we play. So we’re going to bounce back.”
These, though, are tough times for the Utes. They need two more wins to become bowl eligible. The season-ending schedule includes trips to Oregon and Washington and then a finale at home against Colorado.
“We just have to stick together as a family. We’re a family in that locker room and we just have to band together. If we want to have a good end to the season we’ve got to put this one behind us,” said Jason Whittingham. “Something bad happened today. But we’ve got to put it behind us and learn from it. Hopefully, just work as hard as we can this week and finish the season out right for those seniors.”
EXTRA POINTS: Wilson led the Utes with 44 yards rushing. Bubba Poole and Kelvin York finished with 43 and 39, respectively. Anderson had four catches for 100 yards. Sean Fitzgerald was the only other Ute to make a reception. He had two for 21 yards. Both receivers scored touchdowns. Punter Tom Hackett had his career-best 70-yard punt in the third quarter. Andy Phillips made a 51-yard field goal in the second quarter, the longest kick of his career. Jason Whittingham had a career-high 14 tackles to lead the defense. The Utes sacked Kelly six times. Whittingham and Reilly topped the team with 2.5 tackles-for-loss. Wilson has now been intercepted 16 times this season, all in Pac-12 play. ESPN.com’s Mark Schlabach predicts Utah will face North Carolina in the AdvoCare V100 (Independence) Bowl in Shreveport, La., on Dec. 31.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 106
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27