Westminster volleyball: Griffins sweep Tech to close regular season
BUTTE, Mont. – The Westminster College women’s volleyball team closed the regular season with a 3-0 sweep at Montana Tech on Saturday afternoon in Frontier Conference play.
Westminster secured the fourth seed at next week’s Frontier Conference Tournament with the (25-22, 25-22, 25-18) road win. The Griffins moved to 16-13 overall during the season and 10-6 in league play. Montana Tech dropped to 17-12 overall and finish sixth with a 7-9 record.
The Griffins used a 41-31 advantage in kills, and they hit .182 to take the win. Westminster limited Tech to .037 hitting behind nine blocks and 73 digs. The Griffins had double-digit kills in all three sets, including 17 during the second stanza. Westminster forced Tech into negative -.043 in the third set.
Jovana Sisovic led all players with 10 kills, and she hit .258 in the match. The senior also collected three blocks and four digs. Katie Vance scored eight kills to hit .273 with seven digs. Alyse Horton added seven kills, while Alexis Aalona posted six kills. Emily Atkinson finished with 30 assists, and Kyndall Kordakis had a three-set season-high of 30 digs.
Jordan Danz led Montana Tech with eight kills, but she only managed a .067 hitting efficiency. Sydney Norris and Haley Druyvestein had seven kills apiece. Kimmy Kavran had 26 digs.
By earning the No. 4 seed at the conference tournament, Westminster will face fifth-seeded Carroll in the quarterfinals. That match will begin at 2 p.m. MST on Friday from the McLaughlin Center on the University of Great Falls campus.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 28
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 20