Laura Seitz, Deseret News
PROVO — Provo police and fire officials faced off in a friendly flag football game Saturday to raise funds for the squads' annual Christmas traditions of helping families and children in need.
Proceeds collected at the annual "Guns N' Hoses" game, via ticket and T-shirt sales, and during a concurrent raffle for a gun safe, will benefit the Shop With a Cop and Sub for Santa programs later this year.
Canned foods were also collected Saturday, offering a year's worth of bragging rights to the team that earned the most support through donations.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Draper police step in for Santa after home is...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9