Laura Seitz, Deseret News
PROVO — Provo police and fire officials faced off in a friendly flag football game Saturday to raise funds for the squads' annual Christmas traditions of helping families and children in need.
Proceeds collected at the annual "Guns N' Hoses" game, via ticket and T-shirt sales, and during a concurrent raffle for a gun safe, will benefit the Shop With a Cop and Sub for Santa programs later this year.
Canned foods were also collected Saturday, offering a year's worth of bragging rights to the team that earned the most support through donations.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- Audit: Ex-employee embezzled $67K from Utah...
- Alpine Days set for Aug. 5-13
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 31
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 15
- Can police-community relations be... 14