Laura Seitz, Deseret News
PROVO — Provo police and fire officials faced off in a friendly flag football game Saturday to raise funds for the squads' annual Christmas traditions of helping families and children in need.
Proceeds collected at the annual "Guns N' Hoses" game, via ticket and T-shirt sales, and during a concurrent raffle for a gun safe, will benefit the Shop With a Cop and Sub for Santa programs later this year.
Canned foods were also collected Saturday, offering a year's worth of bragging rights to the team that earned the most support through donations.
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Draper house explodes into flames (+videos)
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Missouri hiker found dead in hot Wayne County...
- See what the pioneers thought, felt as they...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Union Pacific train makes special... 15
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- New solar panels are symbol of the... 11