Laura Seitz, Deseret News
PROVO — Provo police and fire officials faced off in a friendly flag football game Saturday to raise funds for the squads' annual Christmas traditions of helping families and children in need.
Proceeds collected at the annual "Guns N' Hoses" game, via ticket and T-shirt sales, and during a concurrent raffle for a gun safe, will benefit the Shop With a Cop and Sub for Santa programs later this year.
Canned foods were also collected Saturday, offering a year's worth of bragging rights to the team that earned the most support through donations.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Rock climber falls to his death at Zion...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12