Many schools are only saying the Pledge of Allegiance once a week. I think all students should say it everyday. Growing up, we said the Pledge of Allegiance every morning, facing the flag to pledge like a true American.
I believe the best method to a build a true sense of patriotism is to have our children face the flag each morning and say the pledge just like we did at that age. What is the point of saying it only once a week? The time savings is insignificant; what is more concerning is the risk of making the Pledge insignificant.
- In our opinion: The breach between mass...
- David Blankenhorn: Overcoming the blindness...
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought
- My view: Misinterpretation of Second...
- Drew Clark: Deeply felt religious faith, of...
- Letter: Excess political science
- Letter: 'Kate's Law'
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Speaker of...
- My view: Misinterpretation of Second... 88
- In our opinion: The breach between mass... 54
- My view: Utah should not raise minimum... 51
- Letter: Greater security 51
- Letter: Our French Revolution 30
- Letter: Excess political science 30
- In our opinion: Suspended Alaskan oil... 26
- Letter: Kill off expansion 25