Many schools are only saying the Pledge of Allegiance once a week. I think all students should say it everyday. Growing up, we said the Pledge of Allegiance every morning, facing the flag to pledge like a true American.
I believe the best method to a build a true sense of patriotism is to have our children face the flag each morning and say the pledge just like we did at that age. What is the point of saying it only once a week? The time savings is insignificant; what is more concerning is the risk of making the Pledge insignificant.
- Everything you need to know about the...
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an impoverished...
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line...
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult...
- Letter: Utah's birthright
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach
- Letter: Protected lands
- Socratic observations — Politics are...
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 60
- Letter: Learn the Constitution 52
- In our opinion: Explaining editorial... 44
- Letter: Utah's birthright 44
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 37
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 36
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 34
- John Florez: Corporate or public... 31