Many schools are only saying the Pledge of Allegiance once a week. I think all students should say it everyday. Growing up, we said the Pledge of Allegiance every morning, facing the flag to pledge like a true American.
I believe the best method to a build a true sense of patriotism is to have our children face the flag each morning and say the pledge just like we did at that age. What is the point of saying it only once a week? The time savings is insignificant; what is more concerning is the risk of making the Pledge insignificant.
- From GOP convention to Pokemon Bernie: Last...
- In our opinion: Disgusting algae bloom...
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake
- My view: Prison reform proponents have it...
- Arthur Cyr: Coup attempt underscores...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 32
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 27
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- My view: More whites should practice... 22
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 22
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 17