Many schools are only saying the Pledge of Allegiance once a week. I think all students should say it everyday. Growing up, we said the Pledge of Allegiance every morning, facing the flag to pledge like a true American.
I believe the best method to a build a true sense of patriotism is to have our children face the flag each morning and say the pledge just like we did at that age. What is the point of saying it only once a week? The time savings is insignificant; what is more concerning is the risk of making the Pledge insignificant.
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- In our opinion: Fabricated Rolling Stone...
- Letter: Costly benefits
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a conservative
- John Florez: America's strength is its...
- My view: Yesterday’s public education...
- Mike Noel: Utah leads out on win-win solution...
- My view: Utah has an export-import problem
- Ralph Hancock: Religious freedom and... 75
- Letter: Wrong wage approach 47
- Letter: No more hungry kids 41
- Kathleen Parker: Hillary Clinton's... 40
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a... 39
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp... 34
- Letter: Unemployment compensation 33
- Letter: Intimate caucus system 27