When I read about a local National Guard unit here in Utah being deployed to Afghanistan for a year, I was outraged. This is so wrong.
There is no reason we should be sending our troops — medical or otherwise — to faraway foreign locations where we have no business whatsoever. They are separated from their families for long periods of time and risking their lives. For what?
It is just plain misguided. It is not defending our nation. It is meddling in others' affairs. Why can't our leaders see this?
Capt. James Green
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- In our opinion: With Shurtleff and Swallow...
- My view: A global warming solution to grow...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- Helping kids master what matters: Emotions,...
- Letter: Degrading literature
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 63
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 52
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 48
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 35
- The complicated political views of... 33
- Letter: Outdated climate 27