When I read about a local National Guard unit here in Utah being deployed to Afghanistan for a year, I was outraged. This is so wrong.
There is no reason we should be sending our troops — medical or otherwise — to faraway foreign locations where we have no business whatsoever. They are separated from their families for long periods of time and risking their lives. For what?
It is just plain misguided. It is not defending our nation. It is meddling in others' affairs. Why can't our leaders see this?
Capt. James Green
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration...
- Letter: Acting on immigration
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Hospitality...
- My view: Remembering JFK 51 years later
- In our opinion: Thankfully speaking —...
- How America feels about Mitt Romney right now
- Drew Clark: Interfaith conference at Vatican...
- Greg Bell: It's time to raise the gas tax
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration... 68
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude... 61
- Letter: Growing party divide 53
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive... 46
- Letter: Acting on immigration 43
- How America feels about Mitt Romney... 40
- In our opinion: When it comes to... 40
- My view: Global warming needs free market 26