When I read about a local National Guard unit here in Utah being deployed to Afghanistan for a year, I was outraged. This is so wrong.
There is no reason we should be sending our troops — medical or otherwise — to faraway foreign locations where we have no business whatsoever. They are separated from their families for long periods of time and risking their lives. For what?
It is just plain misguided. It is not defending our nation. It is meddling in others' affairs. Why can't our leaders see this?
Capt. James Green
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps us strong
- Jonathan Johnson: The truth about sales tax...
- In our opinion: Internet sales tax should...
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- My view: Mayor Biskupski deserves to build...
- Richard Davis: Why do I serve?
- In our opinion: National security and... 74
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 54
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 30
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 28
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 19
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: Coal and job creation 18