When I read about a local National Guard unit here in Utah being deployed to Afghanistan for a year, I was outraged. This is so wrong.
There is no reason we should be sending our troops — medical or otherwise — to faraway foreign locations where we have no business whatsoever. They are separated from their families for long periods of time and risking their lives. For what?
It is just plain misguided. It is not defending our nation. It is meddling in others' affairs. Why can't our leaders see this?
Capt. James Green
- In our opinion: Tragedy in Aleppo should...
- My view: Waste, fraud in education hammering...
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the bathroom
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics and...
- Letter: Where's the action?
- Letter: BYU in a conference?
- Jay Evensen: Utah's election is clear as mud
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter moment:...
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 68
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 45
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 43
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 37
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 22
- In our opinion: Not all economic... 20
- Letter: Trump's delegate count 19
- Letter: Where's the action? 17