When I read about a local National Guard unit here in Utah being deployed to Afghanistan for a year, I was outraged. This is so wrong.
There is no reason we should be sending our troops — medical or otherwise — to faraway foreign locations where we have no business whatsoever. They are separated from their families for long periods of time and risking their lives. For what?
It is just plain misguided. It is not defending our nation. It is meddling in others' affairs. Why can't our leaders see this?
Capt. James Green
- John Florez: Businesses should help pay for...
- Letter: No labels in 2016?
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics reflects...
- Letter: Our public lands
- In our opinion: Research suggests that...
- My view: Your family stories have the power...
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from the...
- My view: The solution to Utah's water problems
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be... 56
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 49
- My view: Obama's veto won't save Obamacare 35
- In our opinion: Attempting to... 32
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and... 27
- In our opinion: Concerned voters a good... 23
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from... 19
- Mantua speed trap 17