UTA not providing transit service after RSL playoff game
Richard Bart Green, Don Green Photography
SANDY — The Utah Transit Authority is warning soccer fans that there will be no transit service following Sunday's Real Salt Lake playoff game at Rio Tinto Stadium.
UTA announced Friday on Twitter that "the last-minute scheduling" of the game prevents the agency from offering TRAX service.
UTA spokesman Chad Saley said the combination of "sudden" scheduling of the game by Major League Soccer and the normally shortened Sunday transit schedule have made it virtually impossible for the agency to accommodate the expected crowds to the event.
"With our service ending shortly after 7 (p.m.), we didn't have the time to make the resources available to get people home from the game," Saley said.
Fans are advised to find alternate transportation from the game if they take transit to the event or make other arrangements altogether.
"We have been working with our operations staff trying to determine what might be possible," Saley said. "Unfortunately, as of right now, we are just not able to make those arrangements in this short period of time."
Real Salt Lake knocked off the defending two-time champion L.A. Galaxy 2-1 on aggregate Thursday to advance to the Western Conference final.
Second-seeded RSL will face No. 1 seed Portland in the first leg of the West final at 7 p.m. Sunday at Rio Tinto Stadium, 9256 S. State.
— Jasen Lee
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- City officals say North Salt Lake not liable...
- West Jordan, Murray residents search for...
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Police search for new public enemy No. 1:...
- Couple struggling with fertility now...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 55
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 30
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 21
- Provo company creates program that... 16