At the conclusion of each athletic season, the WCC selects an all-academic squad for each WCC-sponsored sport. To be considered in the sport of men's cross-country, a student-athlete must maintain at least a 3.20 cumulative grade point average, be a significant contributor to his team, participate in at least 50 percent of all contests and have at least sophomore athletic and academic standing with at least one year in residence at the nominating institution.
2013 West Coast Conference Men's Cross-Country All-Academic Team
Player, School, Class, GPA, Major
Jesse Aston, Pepperdine, Sr., 3.79, English
Eric Causey, San Francisco, So., 3.47, Business
Scott Fauble, Portland, RS-Jr., 3.4, Psychology
Steve Flint, BYU, Jr., 3.78, Actuarial Science
Thomas Gruenewald, BYU, Sr., 3.54, Family Studies
Samuel Holeman, Santa Clara, So., 3.94, Computer Science/Engineering
Kevin Joerger, Loyola Marymount, Sr., 3.95, Biochemistry
Willie Milam, Gonzaga, Sr., 3.78, Business
Weston Strum, Loyola Marymount, Sr., 3.62, Accounting
Jason Witt, BYU, Sr., 3.36, Applied Statistics
Justin Green is the sports information director over men's track and cross country for BYU Athletic Communications. He is a BYU student majoring in public relations and minoring in business and will graduate in April 2013. Email: justinjgreen8@gmail.
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 1
- Athlete's tribute: 'Show me a legend and...
- BYU volleyball: 10 Cougars named to WCC...
- BYU tennis: three Cougars named to WCC...
- BYU soccer: Cougars net 14 mentions on WCC...
- BYU football: Jamaal Williams leads a deep...
- Doug Robinson: Why this mother of four is my...
- Phil Steele 2016 Football magazine ratings...
- Morning links: National college... 83
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 68
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 54
- Annual instate college basketball... 38
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 33
- Phil Steele 2016 Football magazine... 30
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 28