At the conclusion of each athletic season, the WCC selects an all-academic squad for each WCC-sponsored sport. To be considered in the sport of men's cross-country, a student-athlete must maintain at least a 3.20 cumulative grade point average, be a significant contributor to his team, participate in at least 50 percent of all contests and have at least sophomore athletic and academic standing with at least one year in residence at the nominating institution.
2013 West Coast Conference Men's Cross-Country All-Academic Team
Player, School, Class, GPA, Major
Jesse Aston, Pepperdine, Sr., 3.79, English
Eric Causey, San Francisco, So., 3.47, Business
Scott Fauble, Portland, RS-Jr., 3.4, Psychology
Steve Flint, BYU, Jr., 3.78, Actuarial Science
Thomas Gruenewald, BYU, Sr., 3.54, Family Studies
Samuel Holeman, Santa Clara, So., 3.94, Computer Science/Engineering
Kevin Joerger, Loyola Marymount, Sr., 3.95, Biochemistry
Willie Milam, Gonzaga, Sr., 3.78, Business
Weston Strum, Loyola Marymount, Sr., 3.62, Accounting
Jason Witt, BYU, Sr., 3.36, Applied Statistics
Justin Green is the sports information director over men's track and cross country for BYU Athletic Communications. He is a BYU student majoring in public relations and minoring in business and will graduate in April 2013. Email: justinjgreen8@gmail.
- Doug Robinson: BYU's schedule is a football...
- Sports BLT: BYU fan gets creative with...
- Dick Harmon: 5 former BYU quarterbacks could...
- Preseason viewer’s guide: Clash of the...
- BYU coaches focus on shoring up special teams
- Video chronicles Kyle Collinsworth's recovery...
- Preseason viewer's guide: Clash of the...
- Cougars begin prepping for season-opener vs....
- Doug Robinson: BYU's schedule is a... 119
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real... 108
- BYU football: Cougars agree to... 80
- Guest commentary: It’s OK if BYU... 76
- Dick Harmon: Offensive line play will... 46
- BYU AD Tom Holmoe says Cougars should... 46
- Peavler: Final preseason breakdown of... 40
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah players take blame... 26