At the conclusion of each athletic season, the WCC selects an all-academic squad for each WCC-sponsored sport. To be considered in the sport of men's cross-country, a student-athlete must maintain at least a 3.20 cumulative grade point average, be a significant contributor to his team, participate in at least 50 percent of all contests and have at least sophomore athletic and academic standing with at least one year in residence at the nominating institution.
2013 West Coast Conference Men's Cross-Country All-Academic Team
Player, School, Class, GPA, Major
Jesse Aston, Pepperdine, Sr., 3.79, English
Eric Causey, San Francisco, So., 3.47, Business
Scott Fauble, Portland, RS-Jr., 3.4, Psychology
Steve Flint, BYU, Jr., 3.78, Actuarial Science
Thomas Gruenewald, BYU, Sr., 3.54, Family Studies
Samuel Holeman, Santa Clara, So., 3.94, Computer Science/Engineering
Kevin Joerger, Loyola Marymount, Sr., 3.95, Biochemistry
Willie Milam, Gonzaga, Sr., 3.78, Business
Weston Strum, Loyola Marymount, Sr., 3.62, Accounting
Jason Witt, BYU, Sr., 3.36, Applied Statistics
Justin Green is the sports information director over men's track and cross country for BYU Athletic Communications. He is a BYU student majoring in public relations and minoring in business and will graduate in April 2013. Email: justinjgreen8@gmail.
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but flutters...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most worthy of...
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- BYU football notebook: Ankle injuries galore...
- BYU football: Receiver Mitch Mathews has...
- BYU football report card: Turnovers costly...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 65
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 43
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 29
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense could use... 24
- Young players Fred Warner, Sione... 15
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 15
- BYU football: Jaren Hall, the son of... 14