At the conclusion of each athletic season, the WCC selects an all-academic squad for each WCC-sponsored sport. To be considered in the sport of men's cross-country, a student-athlete must maintain at least a 3.20 cumulative grade point average, be a significant contributor to his team, participate in at least 50 percent of all contests and have at least sophomore athletic and academic standing with at least one year in residence at the nominating institution.
2013 West Coast Conference Men's Cross-Country All-Academic Team
Player, School, Class, GPA, Major
Jesse Aston, Pepperdine, Sr., 3.79, English
Eric Causey, San Francisco, So., 3.47, Business
Scott Fauble, Portland, RS-Jr., 3.4, Psychology
Steve Flint, BYU, Jr., 3.78, Actuarial Science
Thomas Gruenewald, BYU, Sr., 3.54, Family Studies
Samuel Holeman, Santa Clara, So., 3.94, Computer Science/Engineering
Kevin Joerger, Loyola Marymount, Sr., 3.95, Biochemistry
Willie Milam, Gonzaga, Sr., 3.78, Business
Weston Strum, Loyola Marymount, Sr., 3.62, Accounting
Jason Witt, BYU, Sr., 3.36, Applied Statistics
Justin Green is the sports information director over men's track and cross country for BYU Athletic Communications. He is a BYU student majoring in public relations and minoring in business and will graduate in April 2013. Email: justinjgreen8@gmail.
- BYU football notebook: Team captains named,...
- Nebraska hoping for balanced offense attack...
- Cougars football team undergoing reality...
- Dick Harmon: Who will face toughest QBs this...
- NFL cuts tracker (updated): Former BYU WR...
- Morning links: 'Unorthodox' Harbaugh; 'nice'...
- Cougars looking for special season with...
- BYU's Mendenhall on the cusp of embarking on...
- Morning links: Cougars, Utes to face... 93
- New York Jets waive former BYU... 31
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU... 30
- Cougars looking for special season with... 29
- BYU football: With opener one week... 23
- BYU football notebook: Team captains... 18
- BYU basketball: What we learned from 4... 16
- Dick Harmon: BYU workhorse running back... 14