The Choir of the Cathedral of the Madeleine will present its annual St. Cecilia’s Day Concert on Nov. 17 at 8 p.m at the Cathedral of the Madeleine, located at 331 E. South Temple St.
The opening of the choir’s 24th annual concert series will commemorate the 100th anniversary of the birth of English composer Benjamin Britten and the 50th anniversary of the death of President John F. Kennedy.
Three works will be performed: Herbert Howells’ “Take Him, Earth, for Cherishing,” which is dedicated to Kennedy’s memory; Arvo Pärt’s “Cantus in Memoriam Benjamin Britten”; and Benjamin Britten’s Saint Nicolas, Op. 42, featuring Salt Lake tenor Robert Breault.
The event is free with donations accepted. Required seating passes may be requested online at utmcs.org or by calling 801-994-4663.
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15