The Choir of the Cathedral of the Madeleine will present its annual St. Cecilia’s Day Concert on Nov. 17 at 8 p.m at the Cathedral of the Madeleine, located at 331 E. South Temple St.
The opening of the choir’s 24th annual concert series will commemorate the 100th anniversary of the birth of English composer Benjamin Britten and the 50th anniversary of the death of President John F. Kennedy.
Three works will be performed: Herbert Howells’ “Take Him, Earth, for Cherishing,” which is dedicated to Kennedy’s memory; Arvo Pärt’s “Cantus in Memoriam Benjamin Britten”; and Benjamin Britten’s Saint Nicolas, Op. 42, featuring Salt Lake tenor Robert Breault.
The event is free with donations accepted. Required seating passes may be requested online at utmcs.org or by calling 801-994-4663.
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Fired West Valley officer's defense team goes...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 21
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 16
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12