The Choir of the Cathedral of the Madeleine will present its annual St. Cecilia’s Day Concert on Nov. 17 at 8 p.m at the Cathedral of the Madeleine, located at 331 E. South Temple St.
The opening of the choir’s 24th annual concert series will commemorate the 100th anniversary of the birth of English composer Benjamin Britten and the 50th anniversary of the death of President John F. Kennedy.
Three works will be performed: Herbert Howells’ “Take Him, Earth, for Cherishing,” which is dedicated to Kennedy’s memory; Arvo Pärt’s “Cantus in Memoriam Benjamin Britten”; and Benjamin Britten’s Saint Nicolas, Op. 42, featuring Salt Lake tenor Robert Breault.
The event is free with donations accepted. Required seating passes may be requested online at utmcs.org or by calling 801-994-4663.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- IRS scam goes far beyond a phone call for...
- Lee praises Trump's potential Supreme Court...
- Richard Norby released from hospital, returns...
- Man charged with assaulting former boss...
- 10 of the most unusual laws in Utah
- Skyline senior rides motorcycle through...
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 112
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 25
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Provo forum to explore roles of family,... 12
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 11
- Medical marijuana debate focuses on... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9