The Choir of the Cathedral of the Madeleine will present its annual St. Cecilia’s Day Concert on Nov. 17 at 8 p.m at the Cathedral of the Madeleine, located at 331 E. South Temple St.
The opening of the choir’s 24th annual concert series will commemorate the 100th anniversary of the birth of English composer Benjamin Britten and the 50th anniversary of the death of President John F. Kennedy.
Three works will be performed: Herbert Howells’ “Take Him, Earth, for Cherishing,” which is dedicated to Kennedy’s memory; Arvo Pärt’s “Cantus in Memoriam Benjamin Britten”; and Benjamin Britten’s Saint Nicolas, Op. 42, featuring Salt Lake tenor Robert Breault.
The event is free with donations accepted. Required seating passes may be requested online at utmcs.org or by calling 801-994-4663.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Police say man murdered his mother in her...
- UTA offers fare for food in Utah Food Bank drive
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 33
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 30
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 12
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 11
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8