The Choir of the Cathedral of the Madeleine will present its annual St. Cecilia’s Day Concert on Nov. 17 at 8 p.m at the Cathedral of the Madeleine, located at 331 E. South Temple St.
The opening of the choir’s 24th annual concert series will commemorate the 100th anniversary of the birth of English composer Benjamin Britten and the 50th anniversary of the death of President John F. Kennedy.
Three works will be performed: Herbert Howells’ “Take Him, Earth, for Cherishing,” which is dedicated to Kennedy’s memory; Arvo Pärt’s “Cantus in Memoriam Benjamin Britten”; and Benjamin Britten’s Saint Nicolas, Op. 42, featuring Salt Lake tenor Robert Breault.
The event is free with donations accepted. Required seating passes may be requested online at utmcs.org or by calling 801-994-4663.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Part police cruiser, part taxi,...
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10