SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Senate Judicial Confirmation Committee is seeking public comment on two judicial nominees prior to Senate confirmation votes.
John A. Pearce was recently appointed to fill a vacancy on the Utah Court of Appeals, and Brent H. Bartholomew was been appointed to fill a vacancy on the 4th District Juvenile Court bench.
Those who desire to comment on these two nominees should contact Mike Christensen at the Office of Legislative Research and General Counsel, Utah State Capitol Campus, House Building, Suite W210, PO Box 145210, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-5210, by 1 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 16. All statements should include the respondent’s name, telephone number and mailing address.
The committee will hold a public hearing on Nov. 18 at noon regarding the nominations, then issue a positive or negative recommendation to the full Senate.
The 4th District Court includes Juab, Millard, Utah and Wasatch counties. The Court of Appeals hears appeals from all district and juvenile courts in Utah.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 27
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 20
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17