SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Senate Judicial Confirmation Committee is seeking public comment on two judicial nominees prior to Senate confirmation votes.
John A. Pearce was recently appointed to fill a vacancy on the Utah Court of Appeals, and Brent H. Bartholomew was been appointed to fill a vacancy on the 4th District Juvenile Court bench.
Those who desire to comment on these two nominees should contact Mike Christensen at the Office of Legislative Research and General Counsel, Utah State Capitol Campus, House Building, Suite W210, PO Box 145210, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-5210, by 1 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 16. All statements should include the respondent’s name, telephone number and mailing address.
The committee will hold a public hearing on Nov. 18 at noon regarding the nominations, then issue a positive or negative recommendation to the full Senate.
The 4th District Court includes Juab, Millard, Utah and Wasatch counties. The Court of Appeals hears appeals from all district and juvenile courts in Utah.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Police: Man shot, injured by officer in Ogden
- Utah bus drivers put safety to the test
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 27
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 26
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12