SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Senate Judicial Confirmation Committee is seeking public comment on two judicial nominees prior to Senate confirmation votes.
John A. Pearce was recently appointed to fill a vacancy on the Utah Court of Appeals, and Brent H. Bartholomew was been appointed to fill a vacancy on the 4th District Juvenile Court bench.
Those who desire to comment on these two nominees should contact Mike Christensen at the Office of Legislative Research and General Counsel, Utah State Capitol Campus, House Building, Suite W210, PO Box 145210, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-5210, by 1 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 16. All statements should include the respondent’s name, telephone number and mailing address.
The committee will hold a public hearing on Nov. 18 at noon regarding the nominations, then issue a positive or negative recommendation to the full Senate.
The 4th District Court includes Juab, Millard, Utah and Wasatch counties. The Court of Appeals hears appeals from all district and juvenile courts in Utah.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 43
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23