SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Senate Judicial Confirmation Committee is seeking public comment on two judicial nominees prior to Senate confirmation votes.
John A. Pearce was recently appointed to fill a vacancy on the Utah Court of Appeals, and Brent H. Bartholomew was been appointed to fill a vacancy on the 4th District Juvenile Court bench.
Those who desire to comment on these two nominees should contact Mike Christensen at the Office of Legislative Research and General Counsel, Utah State Capitol Campus, House Building, Suite W210, PO Box 145210, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-5210, by 1 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 16. All statements should include the respondent’s name, telephone number and mailing address.
The committee will hold a public hearing on Nov. 18 at noon regarding the nominations, then issue a positive or negative recommendation to the full Senate.
The 4th District Court includes Juab, Millard, Utah and Wasatch counties. The Court of Appeals hears appeals from all district and juvenile courts in Utah.
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15