Chris Cavagnaro, U.S. Navy
SINGAPORE — Aviation Boatswain's Mate Airman Luis Cervantes, from Salt Lake City, and Airman Apprentice Everett Henry, from Manchester, Jamaica, were photographed by the U.S. Navy raising the U.S. flag on the flight deck of the U.S. Navy's forward-deployed aircraft carrier USS George Washington as the ship arrived to the Republic of Singapore for a scheduled port visit, Oct. 26.
George Washington and its embarked air wing, Carrier Air Wing 5, provide a combat-ready force that protects and defends the collective maritime interest of the U.S. and its allies and partners in the Indo-Asia-Pacific region.
- Former Gov. Norm Bangerter remembered as man...
- Redefining college: How associate degrees...
- Pornography conference probes perils, solutions
- Orem pediatrician 'happy' to help...
- Q and A: The business of being Moab
- County clerks in Utah poring over new law on...
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth...
- Motorcyclist dies after collision near Utah Lake
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters... 57
- Sen. Hatch's 'I-Squared' bill could... 27
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 26
- Herbert to meet with Obama... 23
- April snow shocks Utahns but does... 20
- Wild, windy, wet weather wallops... 17
- Utah Rep. Mia Love raises $440K in... 17
- Second student sues district over... 14