ARCHES NATIONAL PARK — Families are invited to take an art lesson amid the beautiful backdrop of Arches National Park.
On Saturday, the park is offering a free family art lesson with 2013 Community Artist-in-the-Parks Sarah Hamingson. All materials are provided.
Pastel lessons will be offered at the north end of the Park Avenue Trail at 10 a.m., 11 a.m. and noon, and visitors may show up anytime from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Visitors should park at Courthouse Towers Viewpoint and follow signs across the road.
From 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. that evening at the Moab Arts & Recreation Center, visitors can view “A Season in the Parks” displaying Hamingson's work. The exhibit will be on display through early December. Park admission is free Friday-Monday.
- Former Gov. Norm Bangerter remembered as man...
- Pornography conference probes perils, solutions
- Redefining college: How associate degrees...
- Orem pediatrician 'happy' to help...
- Q and A: The business of being Moab
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth...
- Motorcyclist dies after collision near Utah Lake
- County clerks in Utah poring over new law on...
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters... 57
- Sen. Hatch's 'I-Squared' bill could... 27
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 26
- Herbert to meet with Obama... 23
- April snow shocks Utahns but does... 20
- Wild, windy, wet weather wallops... 17
- Utah Rep. Mia Love raises $440K in... 17
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz: Drug Enforcement... 15