ARCHES NATIONAL PARK — Families are invited to take an art lesson amid the beautiful backdrop of Arches National Park.
On Saturday, the park is offering a free family art lesson with 2013 Community Artist-in-the-Parks Sarah Hamingson. All materials are provided.
Pastel lessons will be offered at the north end of the Park Avenue Trail at 10 a.m., 11 a.m. and noon, and visitors may show up anytime from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Visitors should park at Courthouse Towers Viewpoint and follow signs across the road.
From 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. that evening at the Moab Arts & Recreation Center, visitors can view “A Season in the Parks” displaying Hamingson's work. The exhibit will be on display through early December. Park admission is free Friday-Monday.
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- Draper house explodes into flames (+videos)
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Deseret News Classic: Marathon, half...
- Levan wildfire burns 'well over 1,000' acres...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Union Pacific train makes special... 15
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 15
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 14
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 12