ARCHES NATIONAL PARK — Families are invited to take an art lesson amid the beautiful backdrop of Arches National Park.
On Saturday, the park is offering a free family art lesson with 2013 Community Artist-in-the-Parks Sarah Hamingson. All materials are provided.
Pastel lessons will be offered at the north end of the Park Avenue Trail at 10 a.m., 11 a.m. and noon, and visitors may show up anytime from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Visitors should park at Courthouse Towers Viewpoint and follow signs across the road.
From 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. that evening at the Moab Arts & Recreation Center, visitors can view “A Season in the Parks” displaying Hamingson's work. The exhibit will be on display through early December. Park admission is free Friday-Monday.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Fire at Little America Hotel forces overnight...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Bringing joy through simple acts of kindness
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Gary (and Rose) Neeleman: Q and A with a...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Rally in support of police also draws... 27
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 19
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9