ARCHES NATIONAL PARK — Families are invited to take an art lesson amid the beautiful backdrop of Arches National Park.
On Saturday, the park is offering a free family art lesson with 2013 Community Artist-in-the-Parks Sarah Hamingson. All materials are provided.
Pastel lessons will be offered at the north end of the Park Avenue Trail at 10 a.m., 11 a.m. and noon, and visitors may show up anytime from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Visitors should park at Courthouse Towers Viewpoint and follow signs across the road.
From 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. that evening at the Moab Arts & Recreation Center, visitors can view “A Season in the Parks” displaying Hamingson's work. The exhibit will be on display through early December. Park admission is free Friday-Monday.
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- Judge: Biological father will share custody...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Body of man, 51, discovered outside Cedar City
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- National, local businesses file briefs... 54
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 27
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20
- Prison relocation resolution passes House 19