DINOSAUR, Colo. — Online applications will be available this year for the river permit lottery at Dinosaur National Monument.
Those who want to participate in the lottery for a high season permit to take a multi-day float trip on the Yampa or Green rivers can apply online through Recreation.gov.
From Dec. 1 to Jan. 31, applicants can apply online instead of filling out a form and mailing it in with a check to the monument's river office. Through the online system, applicants can pay using a credit or debit card.
Previously, a potential river user could file only one application for only one possible launch date on one river. For the 2014 season, applicants can still file only one application, but they may choose up to four possible launch date/river choices on the application. The Yampa and Green rivers are still combined in one drawing system.
The fee is $15 per application. Permit fees are $185 for a multiday permit and $20 for a single-day permit.
This year, only the lottery application process is moving online. Dinosaur National Monument's River Office will continue the processing of all permits for successful lottery applicants. Reservations for the pre- and post-season launches or one day permits in Dinosaur will be also processed through the river office beginning March 1 at 8 a.m.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14