DINOSAUR, Colo. — Online applications will be available this year for the river permit lottery at Dinosaur National Monument.
Those who want to participate in the lottery for a high season permit to take a multi-day float trip on the Yampa or Green rivers can apply online through Recreation.gov.
From Dec. 1 to Jan. 31, applicants can apply online instead of filling out a form and mailing it in with a check to the monument's river office. Through the online system, applicants can pay using a credit or debit card.
Previously, a potential river user could file only one application for only one possible launch date on one river. For the 2014 season, applicants can still file only one application, but they may choose up to four possible launch date/river choices on the application. The Yampa and Green rivers are still combined in one drawing system.
The fee is $15 per application. Permit fees are $185 for a multiday permit and $20 for a single-day permit.
This year, only the lottery application process is moving online. Dinosaur National Monument's River Office will continue the processing of all permits for successful lottery applicants. Reservations for the pre- and post-season launches or one day permits in Dinosaur will be also processed through the river office beginning March 1 at 8 a.m.
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Investigation underway after man's body found...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 21
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12