YouTube channel hands out $100 bills in Salt Lake City, videos go viral
In the first few videos, the money that was distributed was simply given out of pocket by the channel creators. Now that the videos are viral, Gibson said they have generated money through advertising, as well as through donations.
"We're hoping that we can make enough money back from the channel to help fund future donations and future projects, hopefully creating this cycle of getting money from ads and then giving back," Gibson said.
Gibson said their quick success is a testament to the fact that people enjoy seeing the positive reactions of others.
"I honestly think people genuinely like seeing other people happy as much as people like watching the 'America's Funniest Home Videos' or the 'fails,' with people flipping and falling and stuff," Gibson said. "I think there's something really cool about someone being genuinely happy, and it's exciting. It feels good."
Even though viewers aren't committed to pass along the good deed, Gibson said they hope viewers will be inspired by the feelings they have while watching the videos.
"Through watching the video, you can vicariously feel what it's like to give to other people, and you experience a little bit of that happiness when watching the video — or hopefully, at least," Gibson said.
"I think that's our underlying goal in this channel is to be able to have people not only read about kind acts but I think it's fun to be able to go to a YouTube channel and see something happening that's good, so then it makes you feel good and it makes you feel happy, and then will hopefully influence you to go out and do the same thing."
Give Back Films uploads new videos to YouTube every Monday.
- Harry Potter trivia quiz: Can you get 10...
- Man without arms and legs has a message about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- James Garner was a singular talent with his...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- Does getting married really increase wealth...
- 'Hercules' is a wasted opportunity for The Rock
- Donny Osmond releases app to promote upcoming...
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 52
- Linda & Richard Eyre: What we can all... 20
- Most American high schoolers don't know... 13
- Utah kids have lower death rate, but... 9
- It's safe to vaccinate kids —... 6
- Leaving your child alone in public?... 5
- Dear daughter, I hope you never conform... 5
- Wright Words: Why I’m sorry for... 5