BYU cross-country: Eyestone named West Coast Conference Coach of the Year
PROVO — BYU men’s cross-country head coach Ed Eyestone has been named the West Coast Conference Coach of the Year.
“It’s nice to be recognized by your peers because they are the ones who are paying attention,” Eyestone said. “I’m most happy that we had such a strong overall team performance at the conference meet and that we were able to win it.”
The award is voted on by the WCC men’s cross-country coaches, who recognized Eyestone after a dominating showing at the conference meet. The Cougars had four runners place in the top 10, and all nine BYU runners in the event finished in the top 25. The Cougars have also won the Griak Invitational, the Autumn Classic and the Utah Open, as well as took second in the Wisconsin Adidas Invitational against some of the nation’s top teams.
Eyestone and the Cougars hope to continue their success when they travel to Ogden, Utah, to compete in the NCAA Mountain Regional Championships on Nov. 15, where they hope to qualify for the NCAA Championships held in Terre Haute, Ind., on Nov. 23.
Justin Green is the sports information director over men's track and cross country for BYU Athletic Communications. He is a BYU student majoring in public relations and minoring in business and will graduate in April 2013. Email: justinjgreen8@gmail.
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- No. 18 BYU preparing for two Utah State...
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week, moves up...
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on 'red-alert'
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Utahns in baseball: Former Cougar Jeremy...
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 87
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 37
- No. 18 BYU preparing for two Utah State... 18
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 18
- Judd: BYU football still fine-tuning... 15
- Report: BYU, South Florida schedule... 15
- Will Kaufusi’s expected return... 14
- Former BYU QB Hall can avoid... 13