High school boys basketball: Team-by-team 2013-14 schedules
Ben Brewer, Deseret News
Even though there’s still three weeks remaining in the high school football season, for many schools attention has already shifted to the 2013-2014 basketball season which is less than a month away.
Twenty-two teams will have new coaches this season, including noteworthy new coaches at traditional contenders Bingham, Timpview, Bear River, South Sevier, Bryce Valley and Duchesne. Here's a rundown of the new coaches.
Class 5A: Jacob Schroeder (Bingham), Trace Bevell (Jordan), Troy Anderson (Syracuse)
Class 4A: Kevin Santiago (Timpview), Jason Long (Wasatch)
Class 3A: Todd Langston (Hurricane), Drew Trost (Juan Diego), Scott Hunt (Bear River), Rich Lakin (Stansbury)
Class 2A: Blaine Burraston (Millard), Rhet Parsons (South Sevier), Monte Lee (San Juan), Brook Shumway (Grand)
Class 1A: Billy Hoopes (Duchesne), Andy Jensen (Altamont), Rick Stoekl (St. Joseph), Steve Garlick (Mount Vernon), Tony White (Tintic), Tyler Youngbull (Telos), Cameron Gardner (Pinnacle), Jim Hoyt (Valley), Gary Syrett (Bryce Valley)
Below are links to complete schedules for all 129 high school boys basketball teams in Utah.
- Hayward looking like Captain America early in...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon features BYU,...
- Utah Jazz coach Quin Snyder trying to manage...
- Ansah, Wagner or Weddle: Which local had the...
- BYU freshman Michael Shelton making a home...
- SUU pushes forward after...
- Utah Jazz outlast the Los Angeles Lakers...
- BYU's defense, among nation's leaders in...
- College football: Utes climb to No. 5... 56
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 44
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 41
- ESPN's College GameDay is coming to... 34
- After win, BYU looking to improve, get... 26
- BYU overcomes mistakes, downs UConn,... 23
- Dick Harmon: Mangum uses chunk yardage... 22
- Reasons for Travis Wilson's confidence:... 15