Ben Brewer, Deseret News
Even though there’s still three weeks remaining in the high school football season, for many schools attention has already shifted to the 2013-2014 basketball season which is less than a month away.
Twenty-two teams will have new coaches this season, including noteworthy new coaches at traditional contenders Bingham, Timpview, Bear River, South Sevier, Bryce Valley and Duchesne. Here's a rundown of the new coaches.
Class 5A: Jacob Schroeder (Bingham), Trace Bevell (Jordan), Troy Anderson (Syracuse)
Class 4A: Kevin Santiago (Timpview), Jason Long (Wasatch)
Class 3A: Todd Langston (Hurricane), Drew Trost (Juan Diego), Scott Hunt (Bear River), Rich Lakin (Stansbury)
Class 2A: Blaine Burraston (Millard), Rhet Parsons (South Sevier), Monte Lee (San Juan), Brook Shumway (Grand)
Class 1A: Billy Hoopes (Duchesne), Andy Jensen (Altamont), Rick Stoekl (St. Joseph), Steve Garlick (Mount Vernon), Tony White (Tintic), Tyler Youngbull (Telos), Cameron Gardner (Pinnacle), Jim Hoyt (Valley), Gary Syrett (Bryce Valley)
Below are links to complete schedules for all 129 high school boys basketball teams in Utah.
- BYU basketball: Cougars outlast San Francisco...
- San Francisco coach apologizes for postgame...
- WCC Championship game tale of the tape, BYU...
- BYU basketball: Gonzaga builds early lead,...
- Ranking the best NBA players to ever come out...
- BYU football: Bronson Kaufusi excited about...
- BYU basketball: Tyler Haws passes Russell...
- BYU report card vs. San Francisco: Cougars...
- BYU basketball: Cougars outlast San... 85
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 74
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 57
- San Francisco coach apologizes for... 46
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of... 34
- BYU basketball: Gonzaga builds early... 33
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes eager to... 32
- Krystkowiak asks Runnin' Utes to stay... 24