Recently, I was pleased to discover that Utah Sen. Pat Jones, D-Holladay, is proposing legislation that would limit the number of tax exemptions for children. This bill is way overdue and the perfect opportunity to fund and improve education for the children of Utah.
Since we have a growing number of children entering Utah schools, our current system is not sustainable. Fiscal responsibility calls for limitations on the tax exemptions for children. By limiting tax exemptions for children, we will be able to responsibly fund education for the children in a sustainable and fiscally responsible manner.
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from the...
- In our opinion: Legislators need to better...
- My view: The solution to Utah's water problems
- My view: Get insurance out of health care
- My view: Is the Division of Water Resources...
- In our opinion: Why it's important to note...
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and assisted...
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be...
- Americans are skeptical that government... 58
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be... 54
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 45
- My view: Obama's veto won't save Obamacare 33
- In our opinion: Attempting to... 32
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and... 27
- In our opinion: Concerned voters a good... 23
- Trump and Sanders 22