Recently, I was pleased to discover that Utah Sen. Pat Jones, D-Holladay, is proposing legislation that would limit the number of tax exemptions for children. This bill is way overdue and the perfect opportunity to fund and improve education for the children of Utah.
Since we have a growing number of children entering Utah schools, our current system is not sustainable. Fiscal responsibility calls for limitations on the tax exemptions for children. By limiting tax exemptions for children, we will be able to responsibly fund education for the children in a sustainable and fiscally responsible manner.
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Charles Krauthammer: Battle must be fought...
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move —...
- David Blankenhorn: Berlin boasts a wise use...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 61
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 41
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 35
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30