Recently, I was pleased to discover that Utah Sen. Pat Jones, D-Holladay, is proposing legislation that would limit the number of tax exemptions for children. This bill is way overdue and the perfect opportunity to fund and improve education for the children of Utah.
Since we have a growing number of children entering Utah schools, our current system is not sustainable. Fiscal responsibility calls for limitations on the tax exemptions for children. By limiting tax exemptions for children, we will be able to responsibly fund education for the children in a sustainable and fiscally responsible manner.
- Why LDS Church's anti-discrimination stance...
- What one word best describes Barack Obama?
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal, Affordable...
- What The New York Times gets wrong about...
- Michael Gerson: America has enough problems...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Yes, women and children...
- 18 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- Letter: Antelope Island prison
- What The New York Times gets wrong... 77
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal,... 70
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: Utah... 50
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 42
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize... 38
- In our opinion: Fairness for all in... 37
- Jay Evensen: Will Obama visit Utah? Do... 37
- In our opinion: It's time for Utah to... 27