Recently, I was pleased to discover that Utah Sen. Pat Jones, D-Holladay, is proposing legislation that would limit the number of tax exemptions for children. This bill is way overdue and the perfect opportunity to fund and improve education for the children of Utah.
Since we have a growing number of children entering Utah schools, our current system is not sustainable. Fiscal responsibility calls for limitations on the tax exemptions for children. By limiting tax exemptions for children, we will be able to responsibly fund education for the children in a sustainable and fiscally responsible manner.
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- In our opinion: Airport expansion reflects...
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious...
- The complicated political views of...
- In our opinion: History will remember our...
- 3 modern Utah heroes who exemplify pioneer...
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and the...
- Letter: Breeding hate
- In our opinion: U.S. Supreme Court... 104
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 59
- Letter: Gun control 57
- My view: Amnesty towards border... 55
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 50
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Letter: Society values 45
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 39