Recently, I was pleased to discover that Utah Sen. Pat Jones, D-Holladay, is proposing legislation that would limit the number of tax exemptions for children. This bill is way overdue and the perfect opportunity to fund and improve education for the children of Utah.
Since we have a growing number of children entering Utah schools, our current system is not sustainable. Fiscal responsibility calls for limitations on the tax exemptions for children. By limiting tax exemptions for children, we will be able to responsibly fund education for the children in a sustainable and fiscally responsible manner.
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- Ralph Becker: Reaching for the best of the...
- George F. Will: Adding Pence the pliable to...
- My view: Supporting Utah's public education...
- Charles Krauthammer: Notes from Cleveland:...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 41
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 36
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 31
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 30
- Letter: Acting presidential 30
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 26
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 22