BYU golf: Joe Parkinson named WCC Golf Player of the Month for the second consecutive month
PROVO — Sophomore Joe Parkinson posted his first collegiate win and earned West Coast Conference Player of the Month honors for the second consecutive month.
Parkinson won the Pacific Invitational at 13-under-par and finished the month of October tied for seventh at the MacKenzie Invitational at 8-under-par.
Parkinson’s win at Pacific was his first medalist honor as a Cougar, and he opened with back-to-back rounds of 65 and finished at 200 (65, 65, 70). At the MacKenzie Invitational, Parkinson shot 208 (71, 67, 70), and his 67 was tied for the best score in the second round.
After ending the fall season with a win, Parkinson and the Cougars return to action on Jan. 27, for the Arizona Collegiate tournament.
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve...
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's progress...
- Langi making an impact at linebacker for BYU
- Middle Tennessee excited about home game...
- Utah's Delon Wright and BYU's Tyler Haws make...
- BYU football: Cougars lacking defensive...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- BYU looking to end 4-game losing streak
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 60
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve... 51
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 35
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32
- Middle Tennessee excited about home... 31
- Utah State leads local schools in newly... 29