BYU-Hawaii soccer: Pineda earns second PacWest Defender of the Week honor
BYU-Hawaii junior goalkeeper Chris Pineda of American Fork has been selected the Pacific West Conference Men's Soccer Defender of the Week.
The Defender of the Week honor is awarded each week to a back or goalkeeper for his outstanding defensive play. It marks the second time in three weeks Pineda has garnered the honor.
An American Fork High School alumni, Pineda posted a 1-0-1 week for the Seasiders by pitching a pair of shutouts. He registered a 0.00 goals against average in 200:00 of action, recording 10 saves and a 1.000 save percentage over the two contests.
He led the Seasiders to a 0-0 double-overtime draw with Academy of Art on Oct. 28 by stopping all four shots on goal he faced and blanked Holy Names, 3-0, on Nov. 2 after stopping six shots on net.
Pineda has seven clean sheets this season, tops among all PacWest goalies.
Kenny is a BYU graduate, currently working as BYU-Hawaii's Sports Information Director. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow BYU-Hawaii Athletics on twitter at @BYUHAthletics
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- Sutton Foster promises 'an intimate look at...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 49
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 41
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 36
- Dick Harmon: It's Taysom Hill time on... 28
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 27
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game... 26