BYU-Hawaii soccer: Pineda earns second PacWest Defender of the Week honor
BYU-Hawaii junior goalkeeper Chris Pineda of American Fork has been selected the Pacific West Conference Men's Soccer Defender of the Week.
The Defender of the Week honor is awarded each week to a back or goalkeeper for his outstanding defensive play. It marks the second time in three weeks Pineda has garnered the honor.
An American Fork High School alumni, Pineda posted a 1-0-1 week for the Seasiders by pitching a pair of shutouts. He registered a 0.00 goals against average in 200:00 of action, recording 10 saves and a 1.000 save percentage over the two contests.
He led the Seasiders to a 0-0 double-overtime draw with Academy of Art on Oct. 28 by stopping all four shots on goal he faced and blanked Holy Names, 3-0, on Nov. 2 after stopping six shots on net.
Pineda has seven clean sheets this season, tops among all PacWest goalies.
Kenny is a BYU graduate, currently working as BYU-Hawaii's Sports Information Director. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow BYU-Hawaii Athletics on twitter at @BYUHAthletics
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but flutters...
- Booker-ing ram and broken dreams: Midseason...
- Looking ahead, behind at the Cougars' and...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 48
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 45
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 32
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense could use... 24
- Young players Fred Warner, Sione... 15
- BYU football: Jaren Hall, the son of... 14