BYU-Hawaii soccer: Pineda earns second PacWest Defender of the Week honor
BYU-Hawaii junior goalkeeper Chris Pineda of American Fork has been selected the Pacific West Conference Men's Soccer Defender of the Week.
The Defender of the Week honor is awarded each week to a back or goalkeeper for his outstanding defensive play. It marks the second time in three weeks Pineda has garnered the honor.
An American Fork High School alumni, Pineda posted a 1-0-1 week for the Seasiders by pitching a pair of shutouts. He registered a 0.00 goals against average in 200:00 of action, recording 10 saves and a 1.000 save percentage over the two contests.
He led the Seasiders to a 0-0 double-overtime draw with Academy of Art on Oct. 28 by stopping all four shots on goal he faced and blanked Holy Names, 3-0, on Nov. 2 after stopping six shots on net.
Pineda has seven clean sheets this season, tops among all PacWest goalies.
Kenny is a BYU graduate, currently working as BYU-Hawaii's Sports Information Director. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow BYU-Hawaii Athletics on twitter at @BYUHAthletics
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 2
- BYU football: Certain games on the schedule...
- 10 local storylines to follow as NFL training...
- Rock On: Props for Mitt and 'Tag
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise; is BYU...
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says it...
- BYU basketball officially adds transfer guard...
- Former BYU guard Cory Calvert to transfer to UVU
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 105
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 57
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 55
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 54
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 37
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 23
- Backfield to the future: Hill, Williams... 13