BYU-Hawaii soccer: Pineda earns second PacWest Defender of the Week honor
BYU-Hawaii junior goalkeeper Chris Pineda of American Fork has been selected the Pacific West Conference Men's Soccer Defender of the Week.
The Defender of the Week honor is awarded each week to a back or goalkeeper for his outstanding defensive play. It marks the second time in three weeks Pineda has garnered the honor.
An American Fork High School alumni, Pineda posted a 1-0-1 week for the Seasiders by pitching a pair of shutouts. He registered a 0.00 goals against average in 200:00 of action, recording 10 saves and a 1.000 save percentage over the two contests.
He led the Seasiders to a 0-0 double-overtime draw with Academy of Art on Oct. 28 by stopping all four shots on goal he faced and blanked Holy Names, 3-0, on Nov. 2 after stopping six shots on net.
Pineda has seven clean sheets this season, tops among all PacWest goalies.
Kenny is a BYU graduate, currently working as BYU-Hawaii's Sports Information Director. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow BYU-Hawaii Athletics on twitter at @BYUHAthletics
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- College football countdown No. 45: Harvey Unga
- BYU quarterback Taysom Hill explains why he's...
- Report: Houston AD meets with Pac-12...
- Young cancer patient gives former Cougar Kyle...
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup: Baylor,...
- Twitter reacts to Big 12 expansion developments
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 122
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 67
- Morning links: National college... 62
- Report: Houston AD meets with Pac-12... 58
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 45
- Annual instate college basketball... 37