BYU-Hawaii soccer: Pineda earns second PacWest Defender of the Week honor
BYU-Hawaii junior goalkeeper Chris Pineda of American Fork has been selected the Pacific West Conference Men's Soccer Defender of the Week.
The Defender of the Week honor is awarded each week to a back or goalkeeper for his outstanding defensive play. It marks the second time in three weeks Pineda has garnered the honor.
An American Fork High School alumni, Pineda posted a 1-0-1 week for the Seasiders by pitching a pair of shutouts. He registered a 0.00 goals against average in 200:00 of action, recording 10 saves and a 1.000 save percentage over the two contests.
He led the Seasiders to a 0-0 double-overtime draw with Academy of Art on Oct. 28 by stopping all four shots on goal he faced and blanked Holy Names, 3-0, on Nov. 2 after stopping six shots on net.
Pineda has seven clean sheets this season, tops among all PacWest goalies.
Kenny is a BYU graduate, currently working as BYU-Hawaii's Sports Information Director. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow BYU-Hawaii Athletics on twitter at @BYUHAthletics
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- Plenty of familiarity between coaching staffs...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- Corso and headgear and signs, oh, my: What...
- Morning links: ESPN takes deep dive into Utah...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19
- Red and blue recruits: Utes reap... 17
- Ansah, Wagner or Weddle: Which local... 14
- BYU's defense, among nation's leaders... 12