Sister Eldridge returned after her 18-month mission and married Owen J. Barton, her high school sweetheart. She has five children and 61 other posterity and has served in various callings within the Church.
The mission experience, Sister Barton explained, helped her in her Church callings and in her role as a mother and friend.
Sister Hart extended her mission for an additional four months which, in her words, “were the most productive, peaceful and memorable.”
When she returned home, she served two stake missions in Logan and then an additional two missions in Murray, Utah. She married John Day; they opened Day Murray Music, a retail music store located in Murray. She considered it a “gold mine” for additional missionary work.
“She’s not kidding, missionary work is her life,” her son, Klint Day said. Sister Day has three children and 66 other posterity.
Sister Day and Sister Barton have kept in contact through mail. At a mission farewell in Bountiful, Utah, some 50 years after their mission, a woman reached out to Sister Day was the daughter of Sister Barton; the two were then able to connect by telephone.
“Irene told me later, ‘Linda [her daughter] recognized your name because I talked to her about you a lot,’ ” Sister Day said.
“I treasure my companionship with Arlette,” Sister Barton said. “I’ve carried it throughout my life. The work we were able to accomplish together in Colorado was amazing.”
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground on...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 171
- Why I don’t call myself a... 94
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 64
- General Women's Session focuses on... 29
- State bills to protect religious... 21
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 17
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground... 13
- Returning LDS missionary, father... 8