I read a recent article describing how republicans are stupid because they are still firmly opposed to the Affordable Care Act. Whether or not Obamacare actually works, I support the consistency of the Republican Party on this issue.
Opposition in our government is good because it checks the power. If we didn’t have opposition, new laws could be made almost overnight, unchallenged and unchecked. The Republicans are simply standing firm in their viewpoint and the viewpoint of millions of American citizens.
- In our opinion: Confronted by power, Christ...
- My view: Anti-science ruins the climate debate
- Charles Krauthammer: In our politics, full...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: A compilation...
- Letter: Amnesty for who?
- Letter: Republican empathy too rare
- In our opinion: FDA must consider regulating...
- George F. Will: Regulatory overkill —...
- Letter: Socialism, like salt 49
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The... 47
- George F. Will: Understanding our... 41
- Letter: Amnesty for who? 36
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity 35
- My view: Immigration reform just makes... 33
- My view: Anti-science ruins the climate... 30
- My view: Eliminating the root cause of... 28