I read a recent article describing how republicans are stupid because they are still firmly opposed to the Affordable Care Act. Whether or not Obamacare actually works, I support the consistency of the Republican Party on this issue.
Opposition in our government is good because it checks the power. If we didn’t have opposition, new laws could be made almost overnight, unchallenged and unchecked. The Republicans are simply standing firm in their viewpoint and the viewpoint of millions of American citizens.
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift...
- My view: Drafting women a threat to religious...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans sacrifice...
- Derek B. Miller: It's my party and I'll decry...
- In our opinion: Politics and ISIS
- Jay Evensen: The IOC demonstrates again why...
- Letter: Cruz took a stand
- Letter: Acting presidential
- Letter: Guns in America 60
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 49
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 47
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- Letter: Acting presidential 31
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 30
- Dan Liljenquist: Presidential politics... 30
- My view: What message does Melania's... 29