I read a recent article describing how republicans are stupid because they are still firmly opposed to the Affordable Care Act. Whether or not Obamacare actually works, I support the consistency of the Republican Party on this issue.
Opposition in our government is good because it checks the power. If we didn’t have opposition, new laws could be made almost overnight, unchallenged and unchecked. The Republicans are simply standing firm in their viewpoint and the viewpoint of millions of American citizens.
- In our opinion: The breach between mass...
- David Blankenhorn: Overcoming the blindness...
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought
- My view: Misinterpretation of Second...
- Drew Clark: Deeply felt religious faith, of...
- Letter: Excess political science
- Letter: 'Kate's Law'
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Speaker of...
- My view: Misinterpretation of Second... 88
- In our opinion: The breach between mass... 54
- My view: Utah should not raise minimum... 51
- Letter: Greater security 51
- Letter: Our French Revolution 30
- Letter: Excess political science 30
- In our opinion: Suspended Alaskan oil... 26
- Letter: Kill off expansion 25