I read a recent article describing how republicans are stupid because they are still firmly opposed to the Affordable Care Act. Whether or not Obamacare actually works, I support the consistency of the Republican Party on this issue.
Opposition in our government is good because it checks the power. If we didn’t have opposition, new laws could be made almost overnight, unchallenged and unchecked. The Republicans are simply standing firm in their viewpoint and the viewpoint of millions of American citizens.
- In our opinion: Despite dip in observance,...
- Turning back the tide of sexual promiscuity...
- Charles Krauthammer: The world according to...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Convention...
- Letter: Medical marijuana
- Letter: Wolves in Yellowstone
- Ralph Becker: Why 'process' matters in...
- Dan Liljenquist: Confronting Saudi Arabia's...
- In our opinion: People desire fair,... 49
- Letter: Constitutional republic 30
- Letter: Utah GOP divided 28
- Richard Davis: Medical marijuana issue... 24
- My view: New labor rule may harm Utah's... 24
- Letter: Respect the governor 21
- In our opinion: Troops in Syria makes... 21
- Robert J. Samuelson: Why tax reform is... 19