Utah-based company ranks second for job creation nationwide
Weston Colton, Deseret News archives
PROVO, Utah — Vivint, a home service automation company based here, has been ranked second for job creation nationally by Inc. magazine.
According to the monthly business magazine's website, Vivint added 1,943 jobs in 18 months, totaling the company's current number of employees at 6,496. According to an Oct. 25 Vivint press release, that’s a 40 percent increase in employment in the past year.
Vivint's job creation ranks second only to Universal Services of America, which added 14,240 in the same 18-month period.
Inc. also recognized Vivint as the top job creator nationally for consumer product and service companies.
In a Fox Business interview where the CEOs of the top three companies on Inc.'s list discussed the effects of Obamacre on businesses, Vivint’s founder and CEO Todd Pedersen was asked by interviewer David Asman what it is that makes Utah such a great state for business growth.
“It’s the quality of the workforce, the very friendly business environment from the local governments and state governments,” Pedersen said. Adding that there’s “very low unemployment but a lot of high-quality people to go to for growth of the business.”
- How to eat on just $4 a day
- 15 actions families are taking today to make...
- Obama announces new birth control fixes for...
- How to pay off all your student debt with one...
- The 20 best cities to live in for first-time...
- A solution to paying that medical bill you...
- How depression threatens financial well-being
- Vet who simulates homelessness for a month...
- Allow student loan bankruptcies,... 17
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000... 11
- Food stamp use shows continued... 9
- Want to increase attraction in your... 7
- How to eat on just $4 a day 7
- Obama announces new birth control fixes... 5
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't make... 5
- A solution to paying that medical bill... 4