Utah-based company ranks second for job creation nationwide
Weston Colton, Deseret News archives
PROVO, Utah — Vivint, a home service automation company based here, has been ranked second for job creation nationally by Inc. magazine.
According to the monthly business magazine's website, Vivint added 1,943 jobs in 18 months, totaling the company's current number of employees at 6,496. According to an Oct. 25 Vivint press release, that’s a 40 percent increase in employment in the past year.
Vivint's job creation ranks second only to Universal Services of America, which added 14,240 in the same 18-month period.
Inc. also recognized Vivint as the top job creator nationally for consumer product and service companies.
In a Fox Business interview where the CEOs of the top three companies on Inc.'s list discussed the effects of Obamacre on businesses, Vivint’s founder and CEO Todd Pedersen was asked by interviewer David Asman what it is that makes Utah such a great state for business growth.
“It’s the quality of the workforce, the very friendly business environment from the local governments and state governments,” Pedersen said. Adding that there’s “very low unemployment but a lot of high-quality people to go to for growth of the business.”
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Why babies are expensive, but could save you...
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,...
- Phone lines are open: Customers camp out for...
- Yellen says US families need to boost savings
- More home-cooked meals really can save you...
- Home Depot breach affected 56M debit, credit...
- Financial interventions don't work
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 38
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 27
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 18
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 9
- Financial interventions don't work 7
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching... 4
- Child poverty just dropped for the... 4