Utah-based company ranks second for job creation nationwide
Weston Colton, Deseret News archives
PROVO, Utah — Vivint, a home service automation company based here, has been ranked second for job creation nationally by Inc. magazine.
According to the monthly business magazine's website, Vivint added 1,943 jobs in 18 months, totaling the company's current number of employees at 6,496. According to an Oct. 25 Vivint press release, that’s a 40 percent increase in employment in the past year.
Vivint's job creation ranks second only to Universal Services of America, which added 14,240 in the same 18-month period.
Inc. also recognized Vivint as the top job creator nationally for consumer product and service companies.
In a Fox Business interview where the CEOs of the top three companies on Inc.'s list discussed the effects of Obamacre on businesses, Vivint’s founder and CEO Todd Pedersen was asked by interviewer David Asman what it is that makes Utah such a great state for business growth.
“It’s the quality of the workforce, the very friendly business environment from the local governments and state governments,” Pedersen said. Adding that there’s “very low unemployment but a lot of high-quality people to go to for growth of the business.”
- 30 Christmas gifts that keep on giving
- The 37 most charitable celebrities
- 3 tips for traveling cheaply
- 16 charitable activities you can do with your...
- Why you might want guaranteed asset...
- Sony hack adds to security pressure on companies
- Questions and answers about traveling to Cuba
- Survey says parents spend $532.87 a month to...
- Is brand loyalty the new religion? 6
- US consumer prices fall in November 4
- Insurers ease 'Obamacare' deadline 3
- Sony hack adds to security pressure on... 3
- Amazon does not have to pay workers for... 2
- 5 purchases you should never put on a... 1
- Why many millennials lack the money to... 1
- Constantly changing online prices stump... 1