Utah-based company ranks second for job creation nationwide
Weston Colton, Deseret News archives
PROVO, Utah — Vivint, a home service automation company based here, has been ranked second for job creation nationally by Inc. magazine.
According to the monthly business magazine's website, Vivint added 1,943 jobs in 18 months, totaling the company's current number of employees at 6,496. According to an Oct. 25 Vivint press release, that’s a 40 percent increase in employment in the past year.
Vivint's job creation ranks second only to Universal Services of America, which added 14,240 in the same 18-month period.
Inc. also recognized Vivint as the top job creator nationally for consumer product and service companies.
In a Fox Business interview where the CEOs of the top three companies on Inc.'s list discussed the effects of Obamacre on businesses, Vivint’s founder and CEO Todd Pedersen was asked by interviewer David Asman what it is that makes Utah such a great state for business growth.
“It’s the quality of the workforce, the very friendly business environment from the local governments and state governments,” Pedersen said. Adding that there’s “very low unemployment but a lot of high-quality people to go to for growth of the business.”
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- The 10 most livable small towns
- Does getting married really increase wealth...
- Closet clutter: How having fewer,...
- Most American high schoolers don't know how...
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of balance,...
- Z'Tejas closing after 13 years at The Gateway
- Sneaky tricks restaurants use to make you...
- Most American high schoolers don't know... 13
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 7
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of... 4
- Consumers are padding their checking... 2
- Sneaky tricks restaurants use to make... 2
- Teen drivers hike Utah car insurance 89... 2
- Before you head off on your vacation,... 2
- Closet clutter: How having fewer,... 1