SALT LAKE CITY — Big-D Construction and Holder Construction Co. were recently awarded the Salt Lake City International Airport Terminal Redevelopment Program project.
Big-D and Holder have developed a joint venture partnership to complete the project, which is expected to span 10 years and cost approximately $1.8 billion. Holder is the team’s managing partner. Together, the HD team will provide preconstruction and construction services for the project.
“This selection is a major milestone in launching the program that will build a new terminal and associated facilities at Salt Lake City International Airport,” said Maureen Riley, executive director of the Salt Lake City Department of Airports. “HD has the specialized experience required for this endeavor and the perfect combination of skill and expertise. We look forward to adding them to the project team.”
The project is a capital improvement program set in motion by Salt Lake City Corp. through the Department of Airports. The project will construct new facilities, rehabilitate certain structures, as well as construct improved roadways and associated infrastructure.
HD will now begin to closely work with HOK Architects and its sub-consultants, along with the project's program director and staff.
A groundbreaking for the first element of the project, the car rental facilities, is anticipated in 2014.
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- The truth about addiction
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 51
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 33
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 14
- Precedents — and exceptions... 12
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters... 11