SALT LAKE CITY — Big-D Construction and Holder Construction Co. were recently awarded the Salt Lake City International Airport Terminal Redevelopment Program project.
Big-D and Holder have developed a joint venture partnership to complete the project, which is expected to span 10 years and cost approximately $1.8 billion. Holder is the team’s managing partner. Together, the HD team will provide preconstruction and construction services for the project.
“This selection is a major milestone in launching the program that will build a new terminal and associated facilities at Salt Lake City International Airport,” said Maureen Riley, executive director of the Salt Lake City Department of Airports. “HD has the specialized experience required for this endeavor and the perfect combination of skill and expertise. We look forward to adding them to the project team.”
The project is a capital improvement program set in motion by Salt Lake City Corp. through the Department of Airports. The project will construct new facilities, rehabilitate certain structures, as well as construct improved roadways and associated infrastructure.
HD will now begin to closely work with HOK Architects and its sub-consultants, along with the project's program director and staff.
A groundbreaking for the first element of the project, the car rental facilities, is anticipated in 2014.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Roy home destroyed in fire
- Man shot by roommate in Holladay, police say
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7