Jeffrey D. Allred, Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Deseret News’ annual Christmas writing contest, “Christmas I Remember Best,” is accepting entries through Monday, Dec. 2.
The Deseret News is asking readers to write original stories about their most memorable Christmas.
Seven stories will be chosen for publication in the newspaper the week before Christmas, with the final story appearing on Christmas Day. These true-life stories should be original and no more than 800 words. The judges prefer stories that cover a wide range of Christmas experiences, including humor.
Electronic entries emailed to the Deseret News are preferred. Printed hard copies also will be accepted. Handwritten copies must be legible and easy to read. The author’s name, address, daytime and evening phone numbers and email address should be included.
Send email entries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mail copies should be addressed to “Christmas Best” c/o Deseret News, P.O. Box 1257, Salt Lake City, UT 84110.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10