Jeffrey D. Allred, Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Deseret News’ annual Christmas writing contest, “Christmas I Remember Best,” is accepting entries through Monday, Dec. 2.
The Deseret News is asking readers to write original stories about their most memorable Christmas.
Seven stories will be chosen for publication in the newspaper the week before Christmas, with the final story appearing on Christmas Day. These true-life stories should be original and no more than 800 words. The judges prefer stories that cover a wide range of Christmas experiences, including humor.
Electronic entries emailed to the Deseret News are preferred. Printed hard copies also will be accepted. Handwritten copies must be legible and easy to read. The author’s name, address, daytime and evening phone numbers and email address should be included.
Send email entries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mail copies should be addressed to “Christmas Best” c/o Deseret News, P.O. Box 1257, Salt Lake City, UT 84110.
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases on...
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 99
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 75
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 52
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 34
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 26
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24