Jeffrey D. Allred, Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Deseret News’ annual Christmas writing contest, “Christmas I Remember Best,” is accepting entries through Monday, Dec. 2.
The Deseret News is asking readers to write original stories about their most memorable Christmas.
Seven stories will be chosen for publication in the newspaper the week before Christmas, with the final story appearing on Christmas Day. These true-life stories should be original and no more than 800 words. The judges prefer stories that cover a wide range of Christmas experiences, including humor.
Electronic entries emailed to the Deseret News are preferred. Printed hard copies also will be accepted. Handwritten copies must be legible and easy to read. The author’s name, address, daytime and evening phone numbers and email address should be included.
Send email entries to email@example.com. Mail copies should be addressed to “Christmas Best” c/o Deseret News, P.O. Box 1257, Salt Lake City, UT 84110.
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Draper house explodes into flames (+videos)
- Missouri hiker found dead in hot Wayne County...
- See what the pioneers thought, felt as they...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Union Pacific train makes special... 15
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- New solar panels are symbol of the... 11