Jeffrey D. Allred, Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Deseret News’ annual Christmas writing contest, “Christmas I Remember Best,” is accepting entries through Monday, Dec. 2.
The Deseret News is asking readers to write original stories about their most memorable Christmas.
Seven stories will be chosen for publication in the newspaper the week before Christmas, with the final story appearing on Christmas Day. These true-life stories should be original and no more than 800 words. The judges prefer stories that cover a wide range of Christmas experiences, including humor.
Electronic entries emailed to the Deseret News are preferred. Printed hard copies also will be accepted. Handwritten copies must be legible and easy to read. The author’s name, address, daytime and evening phone numbers and email address should be included.
Send email entries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mail copies should be addressed to “Christmas Best” c/o Deseret News, P.O. Box 1257, Salt Lake City, UT 84110.
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding' with...
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Republican, Democratic political... 37
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for... 13