MALIBU, Calif. — West Coast Conference cross-country champion BYU had six runners recognized after their performance at the conference championships Saturday.
Jason Witt, the top overall finisher, led a group of four that were named first team All-WCC, including Steve Flint, Tylor Thatcher and Thomas Gruenewald. Spencer Gardner and Jonathan Nelson received honorable mention honors.
The first team is comprised of the top-10 finishers at the conference meet and honorable mention is given to the next five finishers.
BYU hopes to use the momentum from the conference championships to the upcoming Mountain Regional Championship meet on Nov. 15, in Ogden, Utah, and to the NCAA Championships meet in Terre Haute, Ind., on Nov. 23.
Justin Green is the sports information director over men's track and cross country for BYU Athletic Communications. He is a BYU student majoring in public relations and minoring in business and will graduate in April 2013. Email: justinjgreen8@gmail.
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Injury-riddled BYU set to host WCC powerhouse...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- NFL playoff picture: 20 Utah ties currently...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 60
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 52
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- BYU closes season with painful loss in... 17