MALIBU, Calif. — West Coast Conference cross-country champion BYU had six runners recognized after their performance at the conference championships Saturday.
Jason Witt, the top overall finisher, led a group of four that were named first team All-WCC, including Steve Flint, Tylor Thatcher and Thomas Gruenewald. Spencer Gardner and Jonathan Nelson received honorable mention honors.
The first team is comprised of the top-10 finishers at the conference meet and honorable mention is given to the next five finishers.
BYU hopes to use the momentum from the conference championships to the upcoming Mountain Regional Championship meet on Nov. 15, in Ogden, Utah, and to the NCAA Championships meet in Terre Haute, Ind., on Nov. 23.
Justin Green is the sports information director over men's track and cross country for BYU Athletic Communications. He is a BYU student majoring in public relations and minoring in business and will graduate in April 2013. Email: justinjgreen8@gmail.
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 2
- 10 local storylines to follow as NFL training...
- Rock On: Props for Mitt and 'Tag
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise; is BYU...
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says it...
- BYU basketball officially adds transfer guard...
- Former BYU guard Cory Calvert to transfer to UVU
- College football countdown No. 36: BYU...
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 62
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 56
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 47
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 18
- Backfield to the future: Hill, Williams... 14