My view: Education reforms, Obamacare destabilize state budgets
Florida’s new Governor, Rick Scott, recently issued Executive Order No. 12-276 ordering Florida’s School Board Chair and Education Commissioner to pull out of Common Core Standards, aligned testing and associated reforms. It’s a six-point plan to reinstate the operation, control and supervision of schools at the local level.
Because Obamacare mandates will devour 80 percent of Utah’s budget by 2022 and federal education reform mandates are now poised to financially strangle states, I hope Utah’s statesmen will take similar action to protect taxpayers, our children and the American Dream.
JaKell Sullivan graduated from Utah State University with a degree in advertising design. She is the mother of two and resides in Sandy, UT.
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America and...
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to Hitler?
- My view: History lesson — 'Taking back'...
- Endangered Species Act lost sight of its mission
- Who are the real heroes of election reform?
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with...
- Letter: Religious freedom
- Robert J. Samuelson: Income tax has become a...
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 66
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Jay Evensen: Obama could use a dose of... 60
- Letter: Religious freedom 52
- Obama's biggest test: Ukraine 33
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 27
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 27
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to... 26