My view: Education reforms, Obamacare destabilize state budgets
Florida’s new Governor, Rick Scott, recently issued Executive Order No. 12-276 ordering Florida’s School Board Chair and Education Commissioner to pull out of Common Core Standards, aligned testing and associated reforms. It’s a six-point plan to reinstate the operation, control and supervision of schools at the local level.
Because Obamacare mandates will devour 80 percent of Utah’s budget by 2022 and federal education reform mandates are now poised to financially strangle states, I hope Utah’s statesmen will take similar action to protect taxpayers, our children and the American Dream.
JaKell Sullivan graduated from Utah State University with a degree in advertising design. She is the mother of two and resides in Sandy, UT.
- Which states are best for tax payers?
- In our opinion: Utah is not a swing state and...
- In our opinion: Western land standoff aside,...
- Letter: Right and wrong
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the thin...
- Letter: Plenty of danger in e-cigarettes
- Michael Gerson: Why the theological...
- M. Zuhdi Jasser: The fifth commandment is...
- Letter: Right and wrong 96
- My view: Anti-science ruins the climate... 68
- Robert Bennett: Immigration reform... 64
- Letter: Science consensus is slow,... 52
- In our opinion: Confronted by power,... 40
- In our opinion: Western land standoff... 36
- John Hoffmire: Why shouldn’t... 29
- Letter: Republican empathy too rare 28