My view: Education reforms, Obamacare destabilize state budgets
Florida’s new Governor, Rick Scott, recently issued Executive Order No. 12-276 ordering Florida’s School Board Chair and Education Commissioner to pull out of Common Core Standards, aligned testing and associated reforms. It’s a six-point plan to reinstate the operation, control and supervision of schools at the local level.
Because Obamacare mandates will devour 80 percent of Utah’s budget by 2022 and federal education reform mandates are now poised to financially strangle states, I hope Utah’s statesmen will take similar action to protect taxpayers, our children and the American Dream.
JaKell Sullivan graduated from Utah State University with a degree in advertising design. She is the mother of two and resides in Sandy, UT.
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The reality...
- My view: Eliminating the root cause of bullying
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- In our opinion: In an entrepreneurial...
- Letter: Amnesty for who?
- Brad Stine: Words created everything, so we...
- In our opinion: FDA must consider regulating...
- Gov. Herbert: Executing fundamentals for a...
- Letter: Socialism, like salt 49
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate 42
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The... 42
- George F. Will: Understanding our... 41
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity 35
- My view: Immigration reform just makes... 33
- My view: Eliminating the root cause of... 27
- Robert J. Samuelson: Long-term... 26