SALT LAKE CITY — A clinical social worker accused of having a sexual relationship with a teen client has been ordered to hand over his professional license.
A surrender stipulation and order between the Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing and Scott Andrew Peterson, 36, of Bountiful, was signed Friday.
Peterson agreed to surrender his license that allows him to practice as a clinical social worker in Utah.
On Wednesday, Peterson was arrested for investigation of forcible sodomy and two counts of forcible sexual abuse. Police say Peterson, the owner of Therapy on the Fly, 1199 S. Main in Centerville, had an extensive relationship with a client, now 17, which turned sexual from March until June. The alleged victim was 16 years old during most of their alleged sexual encounters which investigators say happened in Peterson's office.
No criminal charges have yet been filed in the case. Therapy on the Fly closed in August.
In surrendering his license, Peterson admitted to the division that he "engaged in an inappropriate sexual relationship" with a juvenile in June and July, according to the DOPL order.
Peterson cannot reapply to be licensed as any type of mental health worker in Utah for at least five years. He has been licensed in Utah since 2008, according to the Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing's website.
— Pat Reavy
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Worth 1,000 words: Here's a look at the top...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- 'Princess' power: BYU to present stage...
- Earthquake in eastern Nevada felt in St....
- Police arrest 4 suspected in 33 'pillowcase...
- Torn between two countries, family of missing...
- Harley rider killed in accident identified
- First prison relocation open house... 38
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- S.L. City Council, mayor seek... 28
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 17
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 13
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 13