SALT LAKE CITY — A clinical social worker accused of having a sexual relationship with a teen client has been ordered to hand over his professional license.
A surrender stipulation and order between the Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing and Scott Andrew Peterson, 36, of Bountiful, was signed Friday.
Peterson agreed to surrender his license that allows him to practice as a clinical social worker in Utah.
On Wednesday, Peterson was arrested for investigation of forcible sodomy and two counts of forcible sexual abuse. Police say Peterson, the owner of Therapy on the Fly, 1199 S. Main in Centerville, had an extensive relationship with a client, now 17, which turned sexual from March until June. The alleged victim was 16 years old during most of their alleged sexual encounters which investigators say happened in Peterson's office.
No criminal charges have yet been filed in the case. Therapy on the Fly closed in August.
In surrendering his license, Peterson admitted to the division that he "engaged in an inappropriate sexual relationship" with a juvenile in June and July, according to the DOPL order.
Peterson cannot reapply to be licensed as any type of mental health worker in Utah for at least five years. He has been licensed in Utah since 2008, according to the Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing's website.
— Pat Reavy
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Man, 69, missing after his boat capsizes in...
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 23
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Man charged with killing baby in Ogden... 8
- Circleville farmers scratching their... 8