"Secrets" focuses on Cambry Sinclair, a woman who has distanced herself from her father after the divorce of her parents and the death of her mother. This young woman, in hopes of fulfilling her father’s wishes to contact her, finds herself alone and standing over the bloody body her father, a man she hasn’t spoken to in years.
Before her father loses consciousness, he directs her to a thumb drive in his pocket that contains top secret information. He struggles as he communicates his last wishes to not tell anyone about the thumb drive and to keep it secret.
To make matters worse, she becomes the prime suspect in his attempted murder, and her ex-boyfriend, Ethan Reece, whom she also hasn’t communicated with or seen in years, is undercover with the FBI to investigate her.
The novel spins many adventures with Cambry and Ethan throughout Denver as they try to discover her father’s secretive and dangerous research and how she is involved, especially when those who tried to kill her father start coming after her.
There isn't any swearing and the relationships don't go beyond kissing in the novel, but there is kidnapping, torture, interrogation, gun fights, murder and romantic situations as Cambry and Ethan, who are both Mormon, rekindle their once failed relationship.
The author isn't too graphic or descriptive. She provides enough description so readers know what’s occurring, but not enough to outline everything in exact detail.
The author, Erin Klingler, who is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area and now lives in southeast Idaho with her husband and children. She is also the author of “Between the Lines.”
Micah Klug graduated with a bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration from Brigham Young University-Idaho. She lives in Rexburg, Idaho.
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after...
- Gay marriage debate is changing how Americans...
- LDS Church History Symposium presenter...
- LDS World: Receiving comfort in our afflictions
- Temple tax: European court rules LDS... 100
- Gay marriage debate is changing how... 80
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 52
- When Satan steals your motherhood 44
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 40
- Defending the Faith: Where is Mount Sinai? 24
- 'Son of God' is strong on production,... 20
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 20