Courtesy Eve Speer
SANDY — “To reflect the beauty of autumn,” American Shakespeare Center veteran and popular Utah singer-actress Eve Speer will present “Autumn Song: A Musical Evening” Friday, Nov. 8, in the Chateau at Le Jardin.
“Autumn has this crisp, raw, beauty,” Speer says. “I want audiences to experience a magical evening. The only way I could contribute to that was to choose songs that went right to the heart, even if it is a little frightening to share my heart.”
Bestselling Deseret Book recording artist Paul “Cactus Jack” La Marr and singer Lisa Benson will also perform. La Marr’s CDs include “A Carpenter’s Hymns” and “That First Night – A Christmas Collection,” and La Marr and Benson will introduce a new song at the concert.
Speer promises “beautiful flowers, fountains, the smell of blossoms — and the beautiful sound of music” at the concert.
“I took a month to pick the songs,” she explains. “I spent my days listening to my favorite artists, listening for themes that spoke to me personally and reflected the beauty of autumn.”
Other singers will include Katie Krein Boatman, Jim Dale and Speer’s father, John C. Speer, with some specially arranged songs by classical and jazz pianist Ben Mayfield.
If you go
What: “Autumn Song: A Musical Event with Eve Speer and Ben Mayfield”
Where: Le Jardin, 1910 E. 10600 South, Sandy
When: Friday, Nov. 8
How much: $7 at the door
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- How new research on chemicals in household...
- Dad tires of hearing hit 'Frozen' song,...
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- Instead of 'Game of Thrones,' there are...
- The rough road of single motherhood —...
- Kids are still reading 'Calvin and Hobbes'
- When Satan steals your motherhood 41
- Girls who play with Barbie may not see... 12
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Our love-hate... 11
- The rough road of single motherhood... 11
- Instead of 'Game of Thrones,' there are... 9
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going... 9
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation... 8
- Dad tires of hearing hit 'Frozen' song,... 7