Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
MURRAY — Transplant recipients and supporters of Team Utah/Idaho came together at Intermountain Medical Center on Friday to celebrate the countdown to the 2014 Transplant Games of America by signing the official Transplant Games flag, which is traveling across the nation.
The Transplant Games flag will fly over BBVA Compass Stadium in Houston during the opening ceremonies of the Games next July. More than 3,000 transplant recipients will participate in 10 different competitions during the five-day event.
Team Utah/Idaho is looking for transplant recipients to join the team for the 2014 Games. The Transplant Games are held every other year to recognize the accomplishments of individuals whose lives have been improved by eye, organ and tissue donation.
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Logan man killed in Idaho car crash
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 39
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- Scalia's death leaves major void in... 23
- IRS raids properties with possible... 21
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11