Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
MURRAY — Transplant recipients and supporters of Team Utah/Idaho came together at Intermountain Medical Center on Friday to celebrate the countdown to the 2014 Transplant Games of America by signing the official Transplant Games flag, which is traveling across the nation.
The Transplant Games flag will fly over BBVA Compass Stadium in Houston during the opening ceremonies of the Games next July. More than 3,000 transplant recipients will participate in 10 different competitions during the five-day event.
Team Utah/Idaho is looking for transplant recipients to join the team for the 2014 Games. The Transplant Games are held every other year to recognize the accomplishments of individuals whose lives have been improved by eye, organ and tissue donation.
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San Juan...
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- BYU's first physics grad earns posthumous Grammy
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 34
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11