Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
MURRAY — Transplant recipients and supporters of Team Utah/Idaho came together at Intermountain Medical Center on Friday to celebrate the countdown to the 2014 Transplant Games of America by signing the official Transplant Games flag, which is traveling across the nation.
The Transplant Games flag will fly over BBVA Compass Stadium in Houston during the opening ceremonies of the Games next July. More than 3,000 transplant recipients will participate in 10 different competitions during the five-day event.
Team Utah/Idaho is looking for transplant recipients to join the team for the 2014 Games. The Transplant Games are held every other year to recognize the accomplishments of individuals whose lives have been improved by eye, organ and tissue donation.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 35
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13