Soda pop, sour cream give these easy-to-make biscuits flavor
Want to add something extra special to your meal? Hot from the oven, homemade biscuits are a great way to make dinner or even breakfast better. And if you think homemade means lots of work, think again.
My Soda and Sour Cream Biscuits are easy and the taste is amazing. They only take a few minutes to mix up and there is no rising or kneading. The soda makes them light and fluffy and the sour cream gives them a rich and full flavor.
If you’re trying to limit carbs or calories, this isn’t the recipe for you, but throw caution to the wind and indulge because these incredible biscuits can erase all guilt and have you reaching for seconds.
Belle’s Soda and Sour Cream Biscuits
2 cups Bisquick
½ cup 7-Up
½ cup sour cream
¼ cup butter
Melt butter in a 9-by-13-inch pan in a 375-degree oven. Mix together the Bisquick, 7-Up, sour cream. Mixture will be moist. Turn the dough out onto a counter or board dusted with more Bisquick. Roll out the dough and using a cookie cutter or glass that is 4 inches wide, cut biscuits and place in the pan on top of the melted butter and bake for 15-20 minutes or until browned.
Note: Diet 7-Up and low fat or fat free sour cream can be substituted.
Brenda Stanley is the mother of five children, including two sets of twins, and a grandmother of three. She is a cookbook author, including the recently released "That's a Lot of Crock!" and novelist. Her website is at talesofthedinnerbelle.com.
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Utah families share tragic stories of teens...
- The Clean Cut: Lindsey Stirling visits the...
- Mom calls out Toys R Us for selling fake...
- Playing favorites can increase the chance a...
- Work of two Utah students featured in...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge... 8
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to... 8
- This type of high school can increase... 7
- Studio C teams up with popular indie... 6
- Bound together: marriage rates and the... 5
- It's 2014: Are all our schools... 5
- Can too many dating options be a... 5
- Watch: Wheatley conference on family 5