Soda pop, sour cream give these easy-to-make biscuits flavor
Want to add something extra special to your meal? Hot from the oven, homemade biscuits are a great way to make dinner or even breakfast better. And if you think homemade means lots of work, think again.
My Soda and Sour Cream Biscuits are easy and the taste is amazing. They only take a few minutes to mix up and there is no rising or kneading. The soda makes them light and fluffy and the sour cream gives them a rich and full flavor.
If you’re trying to limit carbs or calories, this isn’t the recipe for you, but throw caution to the wind and indulge because these incredible biscuits can erase all guilt and have you reaching for seconds.
Belle’s Soda and Sour Cream Biscuits
2 cups Bisquick
½ cup 7-Up
½ cup sour cream
¼ cup butter
Melt butter in a 9-by-13-inch pan in a 375-degree oven. Mix together the Bisquick, 7-Up, sour cream. Mixture will be moist. Turn the dough out onto a counter or board dusted with more Bisquick. Roll out the dough and using a cookie cutter or glass that is 4 inches wide, cut biscuits and place in the pan on top of the melted butter and bake for 15-20 minutes or until browned.
Note: Diet 7-Up and low fat or fat free sour cream can be substituted.
Brenda Stanley is the mother of five children, including two sets of twins, and a grandmother of three. She is a cookbook author, including the recently released "That's a Lot of Crock!" and novelist. Her website is at talesofthedinnerbelle.com.
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and Winston...
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did not win'...
- Our marriage has eroded, and I'm glad it has
- Toddler basketball star, 'Trick-Shot-Titus,'...
- Flu season off and running in Utah; H1N1...
- Utah mom inspires braid for Prim in 'Hunger...
- Blogger Stephanie Nielson says family was her...
- Carrie Underwood responds with prayers to her...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 119
- Federal website fixes allowing more... 44
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday... 16
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and... 12
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did... 8
- 'Caregiving' it all: When taking care... 5
- Toddler basketball star,... 4
- Food Storage Essentials: What about... 3