Real Salt Lake jerseys to feature LifeVantage logo in new $30M deal
SANDY — Real Salt Lake will have a new look beginning next season.
Utah’s Major League Soccer franchise announced that it has entered into an agreement with Salt Lake City-based network marketing firm LifeVantage to be the major jersey sponsor for the team over the next several years.
The long-term, multimillion-dollar jersey-front sponsorship ranks among the most groundbreaking partnerships in league history, RSL stated.
The agreement officially takes effect on Jan. 1, 2014, with the LifeVantage logo appearing on the Real Salt Lake jersey starting next season — the team’s 10-year anniversary campaign.
“We’re thrilled to partner with LifeVantage for our jersey-front sponsorship,” said RSL President Bill Manning. “LifeVantage is showing tremendous commitment to Real Salt Lake with this partnership. We relish the opportunity to continue to grow the club and the sport with such a vibrant locally based and growing company by our side.”
Headquartered in Salt Lake City, LifeVantage Corp. replaces sports supplement drink company XanGo. Seven years ago, RSL became the first American sports franchise to display a sponsor's name on the front of its jerseys when the team struck the XanGo deal. The agreement was reportedly worth $4 million to $5 million over four years.
“Real Salt Lake and XanGo are proud of the history we made in 2006 when we announced the first jersey-front sponsorship in U.S.-based major league sports,” said XanGo founder and CEO Gordon Morton. “This bold deal set a precedent for Major League Soccer, and many similar deals followed suit, helping solidify high-level professional soccer in the U.S. and Canada for many years to come.
The new agreement is estimated to be for about $30 million over 10 years.
“I could not be more excited about the partnership between our two organizations,” said Douglas Robinson, LifeVantage president and CEO. “This is a tremendous opportunity for LifeVantage to partner with such a respected organization in Real Salt Lake.”
LifeVantage joins Alaska Airlines, Quaker Oats Co., UnitedHealthcare, Volkswagen and Xbox, among others, as one of 16 MLS jersey-front sponsors seen emblazoned across the 19 soccer uniforms of the U.S./Canada top-flight division.
For RSL, the new agreement will permit the franchise to sustain its high-profile standing in the league, on the pitch and off.
"The commitments from our partners help solidify our financial situation and allow us to make sound decisions that will keep us competitive in the long-term," said Andy Carroll, RSL vice president of corporate sponsorships.
- Salt Lake City named among top 10 downtown...
- 20 ways to make yourself more likable at work
- Dave Ramsey says: Make pocket money part of...
- Balancing act: Readers offer tips for...
- Lehi supplement firm launches research lab
- US running out of room to store oil; price...
- Michelle Singletary: Compassion beyond the...
- Automakers vow not to give up on weak-selling...
- FCC approves 'net neutrality' rules for... 27
- Monarchs say Fairpark deal is dead,... 3
- Salt Lake City named among top 10... 3
- University Place construction timeline... 2
- Lehi supplement firm launches research lab 2
- Nebraska looking at ways to lure... 1
- Automakers vow not to give up on... 1
- Michelle Singletary: Compassion beyond... 1