Kids out on Halloween find body in North Ogden park
NORTH OGDEN — A group of kids discovered a woman's body while playing in a park on Halloween, police said.
There was no sign of foul play, and police know the woman, said North Ogden police detective Paul Rhoades.
The kids were at Barker Park, 2492 N. Barker Parkway, to play basketball when they found the body about 4 p.m. Thursday in a secluded wooded area behind the amphitheater, Rhoades said. The woman was lying in a stream bed, which is dry this time of year.
The kids then went to a home to call police. Police did not disclose the number of kids in the group or their ages.
The woman was not homeless, Rhoades said. Police did not specify whether the death appears to be suicide or the result of a medical condition, and case remains under investigation pending results from an autopsy.
Rhoades believes the woman's body was in the park for less than 24 hours.
The woman's name was not immediately released Thursday night pending notification of family.
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- Photo gallery: Journey headlines 35th Stadium...
- 25 of the craziest — and cutest —...
- Funeral services for President Boyd K. Packer...
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- About Utah: They go back to give back
- Healing underway in Greek Orthodox community
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 68
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without... 47
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 42
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 40
- Idaho's gay marriage ban remains in... 36
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 27
- Utah senators seeking support for... 16
- My view: Utah lawmakers can protect... 13