Kids out on Halloween find body in North Ogden park
NORTH OGDEN — A group of kids discovered a woman's body while playing in a park on Halloween, police said.
There was no sign of foul play, and police know the woman, said North Ogden police detective Paul Rhoades.
The kids were at Barker Park, 2492 N. Barker Parkway, to play basketball when they found the body about 4 p.m. Thursday in a secluded wooded area behind the amphitheater, Rhoades said. The woman was lying in a stream bed, which is dry this time of year.
The kids then went to a home to call police. Police did not disclose the number of kids in the group or their ages.
The woman was not homeless, Rhoades said. Police did not specify whether the death appears to be suicide or the result of a medical condition, and case remains under investigation pending results from an autopsy.
Rhoades believes the woman's body was in the park for less than 24 hours.
The woman's name was not immediately released Thursday night pending notification of family.
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Sugar House man intends to sue police, city...
- Orem construction fire believed to be arson,...
- Gov. Herbert nominates 3rd District Judge...
- Visiting minister urges unity among Christians
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 51
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 33
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 33
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15