Kids out on Halloween find body in North Ogden park
NORTH OGDEN — A group of kids discovered a woman's body while playing in a park on Halloween, police said.
There was no sign of foul play, and police know the woman, said North Ogden police detective Paul Rhoades.
The kids were at Barker Park, 2492 N. Barker Parkway, to play basketball when they found the body about 4 p.m. Thursday in a secluded wooded area behind the amphitheater, Rhoades said. The woman was lying in a stream bed, which is dry this time of year.
The kids then went to a home to call police. Police did not disclose the number of kids in the group or their ages.
The woman was not homeless, Rhoades said. Police did not specify whether the death appears to be suicide or the result of a medical condition, and case remains under investigation pending results from an autopsy.
Rhoades believes the woman's body was in the park for less than 24 hours.
The woman's name was not immediately released Thursday night pending notification of family.
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support to...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- 3 'scary' medical problems for kids
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 105
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 96
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 61
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 42
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 31
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 17