Kids out on Halloween find body in North Ogden park
NORTH OGDEN — A group of kids discovered a woman's body while playing in a park on Halloween, police said.
There was no sign of foul play, and police know the woman, said North Ogden police detective Paul Rhoades.
The kids were at Barker Park, 2492 N. Barker Parkway, to play basketball when they found the body about 4 p.m. Thursday in a secluded wooded area behind the amphitheater, Rhoades said. The woman was lying in a stream bed, which is dry this time of year.
The kids then went to a home to call police. Police did not disclose the number of kids in the group or their ages.
The woman was not homeless, Rhoades said. Police did not specify whether the death appears to be suicide or the result of a medical condition, and case remains under investigation pending results from an autopsy.
Rhoades believes the woman's body was in the park for less than 24 hours.
The woman's name was not immediately released Thursday night pending notification of family.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 50
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 45
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 17
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7