Kids out on Halloween find body in North Ogden park
NORTH OGDEN — A group of kids discovered a woman's body while playing in a park on Halloween, police said.
There was no sign of foul play, and police know the woman, said North Ogden police detective Paul Rhoades.
The kids were at Barker Park, 2492 N. Barker Parkway, to play basketball when they found the body about 4 p.m. Thursday in a secluded wooded area behind the amphitheater, Rhoades said. The woman was lying in a stream bed, which is dry this time of year.
The kids then went to a home to call police. Police did not disclose the number of kids in the group or their ages.
The woman was not homeless, Rhoades said. Police did not specify whether the death appears to be suicide or the result of a medical condition, and case remains under investigation pending results from an autopsy.
Rhoades believes the woman's body was in the park for less than 24 hours.
The woman's name was not immediately released Thursday night pending notification of family.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Body in suitcase is not missing Provo woman,...
- Wedding put on hold after BYU student kicked...
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage' behind...
- 11 signs you're a Jeep driver
- Opposing sides of same-sex marriage... 125
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- Stewart, Bishop launch group to take... 37
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 21
- 2 Utah chiefs with Baltimore ties say... 19
- Provo businessman declines push to run... 19