BYU football: Two Cougars out due to injuries, surgeries
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
PROVO — BYU senior receiver/return specialist JD Falslev will be sidelined for 3-4 weeks and senior linebacker Austen Jorgensen will miss the remainder of the season due to planned surgeries, the school announced Thursday.
Falslev, who is a team captain, underwent surgery Thursday to repair a fractured hand. He has caught 24 passes for 227 yards and he averages 10.4 yards per punt return. He had a 71-yard return for a touchdown against Middle Tennessee State.
Jorgensen is scheduled to have season-ending surgery to repair cartilage damage to his knee. This season, Jorgensen tallied 47 tackles in eight games. He started three games.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19