BYU football: Two Cougars out due to injuries, surgeries
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
PROVO — BYU senior receiver/return specialist JD Falslev will be sidelined for 3-4 weeks and senior linebacker Austen Jorgensen will miss the remainder of the season due to planned surgeries, the school announced Thursday.
Falslev, who is a team captain, underwent surgery Thursday to repair a fractured hand. He has caught 24 passes for 227 yards and he averages 10.4 yards per punt return. He had a 71-yard return for a touchdown against Middle Tennessee State.
Jorgensen is scheduled to have season-ending surgery to repair cartilage damage to his knee. This season, Jorgensen tallied 47 tackles in eight games. He started three games.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- Utes rally but fall short against Kansas 61
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 42
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25