BYU football: Two Cougars out due to injuries, surgeries
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
PROVO — BYU senior receiver/return specialist JD Falslev will be sidelined for 3-4 weeks and senior linebacker Austen Jorgensen will miss the remainder of the season due to planned surgeries, the school announced Thursday.
Falslev, who is a team captain, underwent surgery Thursday to repair a fractured hand. He has caught 24 passes for 227 yards and he averages 10.4 yards per punt return. He had a 71-yard return for a touchdown against Middle Tennessee State.
Jorgensen is scheduled to have season-ending surgery to repair cartilage damage to his knee. This season, Jorgensen tallied 47 tackles in eight games. He started three games.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28