BYU football: Two Cougars out due to injuries, surgeries
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
PROVO — BYU senior receiver/return specialist JD Falslev will be sidelined for 3-4 weeks and senior linebacker Austen Jorgensen will miss the remainder of the season due to planned surgeries, the school announced Thursday.
Falslev, who is a team captain, underwent surgery Thursday to repair a fractured hand. He has caught 24 passes for 227 yards and he averages 10.4 yards per punt return. He had a 71-yard return for a touchdown against Middle Tennessee State.
Jorgensen is scheduled to have season-ending surgery to repair cartilage damage to his knee. This season, Jorgensen tallied 47 tackles in eight games. He started three games.
- Risks in climbing Everest in focus as 3 die,...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- LSU's live tiger mascot diagnosed with rare...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 147
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 67
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 48
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 47
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 28
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27