BYU football: Two Cougars out due to injuries, surgeries
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
PROVO — BYU senior receiver/return specialist JD Falslev will be sidelined for 3-4 weeks and senior linebacker Austen Jorgensen will miss the remainder of the season due to planned surgeries, the school announced Thursday.
Falslev, who is a team captain, underwent surgery Thursday to repair a fractured hand. He has caught 24 passes for 227 yards and he averages 10.4 yards per punt return. He had a 71-yard return for a touchdown against Middle Tennessee State.
Jorgensen is scheduled to have season-ending surgery to repair cartilage damage to his knee. This season, Jorgensen tallied 47 tackles in eight games. He started three games.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34