¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup shredded coconut
1¾ cup reconstituted dry milk
1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
½ cup oil
In a bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Stir in coconut. Stir together milk and extract. Pour into dry ingredients with oil; stir just until combined (15 strokes). Spoon into greased muffin pans. Bake at 400º F for 20 minutes. Makes 12 cupcake-sized muffins.
— "Emergency Food Storage in a Nutshell, 3rd Edition," by Leslie Probert and Lisa Harkness, published in 2011
1¾ cup canned pumpkin or 1 (15-ounce) can
1⅔ cup sugar
¼ cup dried whole egg, sifted (push through small sieve) OR
substitute 2 fresh eggs and reduce water below to ¼ cup
½ cup water
1 cup oil
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
Mix together first five ingredients. Mix dry ingredients together and blend into pumpkin mixture. Pour into ungreased large jelly roll pan. Bake at 350º F for 25-30 minutes. Frost, when completely cool, with icing below.
— Julie Beckstrand
LIGHT AND FLUFFY ICING
4 cups powdered sugar
1 cup shortening
3 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon vanilla
Beat together 1 cup powdered sugar with shortening, 2 tablespoons water and vanilla for 1 minute. Add rest of powdered sugar and water and beat for further minute.
–Laurel Rapp, "Emergency Food Storage in a Nutshell, 3rd Edition," by Leslie Probert and Lisa Harkness, published in 2011
Leslie Probert, a graduate in home economics from Brigham Young University, has been a popular speaker and is co-author of "Emergency Food Storage in a Nutshell, 3rd Edition" with over 400 fast, creative recipes. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground on...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 176
- 11 things you should know about the... 77
- General Women's Session focuses on... 32
- State bills to protect religious... 24
- The challenges and blessings of... 24
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 17
- Taylor Halverson: Learning is becoming... 17
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground... 17