HYRUM, Cache County — A substitute teacher in northern Utah has been arrested after school leaders said they spotted her outside of the school nursing a liquor bottle.
Erin Terry, 32, was arrested Tuesday for investigation of intoxication and open container violations, the Herald Journal of Logan reported. No charges have been filed against her.
Cache County Sheriff's Lt. Doyle Peck says Terry was spotted falling down Tuesday afternoon on the campus of South Cache 8-9 Center, a middle school in Hyrum. Authorities say she was very drunk and had been drinking all day.
Cache County School District spokesman Kirk McRae says Terry worked at the school that same day, though he doesn't know if she was drunk while teaching.
McRae says the district didn't receive any reports from students or parents about Terry.
— Associated Press
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Utah mother of 8 in running for...
- Uintah County man accused of assaulting...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 30
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26