HYRUM, Cache County — A substitute teacher in northern Utah has been arrested after school leaders said they spotted her outside of the school nursing a liquor bottle.
Erin Terry, 32, was arrested Tuesday for investigation of intoxication and open container violations, the Herald Journal of Logan reported. No charges have been filed against her.
Cache County Sheriff's Lt. Doyle Peck says Terry was spotted falling down Tuesday afternoon on the campus of South Cache 8-9 Center, a middle school in Hyrum. Authorities say she was very drunk and had been drinking all day.
Cache County School District spokesman Kirk McRae says Terry worked at the school that same day, though he doesn't know if she was drunk while teaching.
McRae says the district didn't receive any reports from students or parents about Terry.
— Associated Press
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 50
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 17
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15