HYRUM, Cache County — A substitute teacher in northern Utah has been arrested after school leaders said they spotted her outside of the school nursing a liquor bottle.
Erin Terry, 32, was arrested Tuesday for investigation of intoxication and open container violations, the Herald Journal of Logan reported. No charges have been filed against her.
Cache County Sheriff's Lt. Doyle Peck says Terry was spotted falling down Tuesday afternoon on the campus of South Cache 8-9 Center, a middle school in Hyrum. Authorities say she was very drunk and had been drinking all day.
Cache County School District spokesman Kirk McRae says Terry worked at the school that same day, though he doesn't know if she was drunk while teaching.
McRae says the district didn't receive any reports from students or parents about Terry.
— Associated Press
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 39
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 14
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13