HYRUM, Cache County — A substitute teacher in northern Utah has been arrested after school leaders said they spotted her outside of the school nursing a liquor bottle.
Erin Terry, 32, was arrested Tuesday for investigation of intoxication and open container violations, the Herald Journal of Logan reported. No charges have been filed against her.
Cache County Sheriff's Lt. Doyle Peck says Terry was spotted falling down Tuesday afternoon on the campus of South Cache 8-9 Center, a middle school in Hyrum. Authorities say she was very drunk and had been drinking all day.
Cache County School District spokesman Kirk McRae says Terry worked at the school that same day, though he doesn't know if she was drunk while teaching.
McRae says the district didn't receive any reports from students or parents about Terry.
— Associated Press
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Take a breather: 5 memorable ways to pamper...
- 10 of the most unusual laws in Utah
- Man found shot to death in Cottonwood Heights...
- Splash pad in N. Salt Lake’s Legacy...
- Panel seeks submissions for West Bountiful...
- Mapleton to discuss proposed road fee on June 15
- GOED board OKs grants to help 8 rural businesses
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 113
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 25
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 18
- Provo forum to explore roles of family,... 18
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 11
- Medical marijuana debate focuses on... 10
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become... 8
- San Juan County Commissioner appeals... 8