"Free Birds” three points for parents:
Violence: Humans and dogs chase and hunt turkeys. Guns are shot at them and traps are set. One turkey is slapped by another. Turkeys are taken against their will. There are explosions set by the turkeys to destroy human property.
Peril: Turkeys must run from fire that has been set in their home. Some areas of their habitat cave in, and as a result a character dies. Time travel changes one of the turkeys.
Humor: Some of the humor is on the rude side. One of the turkeys flexes his gluts a few times during the film, and they are in full view. There's one mention of throwing up worms.
Shawn O'Neill is the Family Man Movie Reviewer. You can see his reviews at http://familymanmovieblog.blogspot.com/.
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- 'The Voice' gives Tanner Linford a chance to...
- Utah families strive to raise awareness of...
- Bill Murray shines as 'St. Vincent'
- Classic films to help make your Halloween...
- Pumpkins grown at prison delivered to children
- Have 'The Simpsons' gotten a bad rap?
- #ThrowbackThursday: Why do we love the '90s?