"Free Birds” three points for parents:
Violence: Humans and dogs chase and hunt turkeys. Guns are shot at them and traps are set. One turkey is slapped by another. Turkeys are taken against their will. There are explosions set by the turkeys to destroy human property.
Peril: Turkeys must run from fire that has been set in their home. Some areas of their habitat cave in, and as a result a character dies. Time travel changes one of the turkeys.
Humor: Some of the humor is on the rude side. One of the turkeys flexes his gluts a few times during the film, and they are in full view. There's one mention of throwing up worms.
Shawn O'Neill is the Family Man Movie Reviewer. You can see his reviews at http://familymanmovieblog.blogspot.com/.
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar Galactica'...
- Capturing 'Mormon Faces': LDS mother,...
- Consumer group lists '10 worst toys' for kids
- 'Fire is catching,' so catch up with Katniss
- 'VeggieTales' spinoff debuts on Netflix Nov. 26
- Area theaters bringing stars, Scrooges to...
- Gift Guide: 3 ways to watch streaming video...
- A community of theater: Utah theater...
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar... 14
- Jennifer Lawrence: Privacy loss that... 4
- FanX returns in January with 'Star... 4
- Consumer group lists '10 worst toys'... 3
- Gift Guide: 3 ways to watch streaming... 3
- Model-TV host Dickinson accuses Cosby... 2
- Going gluten-free for Thanksgiving 2
- Cookbooks see growth, but slow to move... 1