"Free Birds” three points for parents:
Violence: Humans and dogs chase and hunt turkeys. Guns are shot at them and traps are set. One turkey is slapped by another. Turkeys are taken against their will. There are explosions set by the turkeys to destroy human property.
Peril: Turkeys must run from fire that has been set in their home. Some areas of their habitat cave in, and as a result a character dies. Time travel changes one of the turkeys.
Humor: Some of the humor is on the rude side. One of the turkeys flexes his gluts a few times during the film, and they are in full view. There's one mention of throwing up worms.
Shawn O'Neill is the Family Man Movie Reviewer. You can see his reviews at http://familymanmovieblog.blogspot.com/.
- 'Heaven is for Real' delivers a theological...
- Jenny Oaks Baker combines classical with rock...
- Religious-themed films find home in Hollywood
- 'Captain Underpants' tops list of last year's...
- FanX family guide: What to do at Comic Con
- Seasoned choreographer carries on mother's...
- Paul McCartney will play EnergySolutions...
- Former Soviet gold medal-winning gymnast...
- 'Heaven is for Real' delivers a... 8
- Sugar House fireworks show will go on... 6
- With $41.4 million, 'Captain America'... 3
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Daughters and... 3
- 'Biggest Loser' casting call to be in... 3
- Jerry Lewis: Women are funny, but not... 1
- 'Captain Underpants' tops list of last... 1
- Author Brad Wilcox writes about... 1