SALT LAKE CITY — The Mormon Fair-Cast, a podcast produced by FairMormon, is a finalist for a 2013 People's Choice Award for best religious podcast. Voting for the winner begins Nov. 1 and is open to the public through Nov. 15.
This is the third straight nomination for the Mormon Fair-Cast. It won a People's Choice Award in 2011. The 2012 award for best religious podcast went to a show called the Ardent Atheist.
“We’re hoping that this year our fans will prove more ardent than the atheists were last year,” FairMormon vice president Steve Densley Jr. said in a press release. “We have great content and are excited about new developments, including a series of podcasts featuring Mike Ash, who will discuss evidences supporting the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon and of the prophetic calling of Joseph Smith.”
The Mormon Fair-Cast is available at www.fairblog.org.
FairMormon is an all-volunteer organization of Latter-day Saints who respond to what some Mormons view as unfair criticisms of their faith. The group is not affiliated with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Fans can vote once each day for their favorite podcast in each of the 22 categories at www.podcastawards.com. Approximately 4,000 shows were nominated. Four judges in each category narrowed the nominees to 10 finalists per category. Winners will be announced in January.
- For his brothers: American Fork family with 4...
- Jabari Parker posts photo of himself with LDS...
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high hopes...
- LDS Church releases renderings of final Provo...
- 'Attitude of gratitude': 25 quotes from LDS...
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat
- 'Fire is catching,' so catch up with Katniss
- The Clean Cut: A cappella group's take on...
- At the Vatican, President Eyring says... 85
- America needs heroes, Mitt Romney tells... 55
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat 50
- Vatican brings faiths, including LDS,... 48
- Pope announces U.S. visit, greets... 34
- Former presidential candidate Mitt... 32
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high... 32
- Defending the Faith: A note on the... 26