SALT LAKE CITY — The Mormon Fair-Cast, a podcast produced by FairMormon, is a finalist for a 2013 People's Choice Award for best religious podcast. Voting for the winner begins Nov. 1 and is open to the public through Nov. 15.
This is the third straight nomination for the Mormon Fair-Cast. It won a People's Choice Award in 2011. The 2012 award for best religious podcast went to a show called the Ardent Atheist.
“We’re hoping that this year our fans will prove more ardent than the atheists were last year,” FairMormon vice president Steve Densley Jr. said in a press release. “We have great content and are excited about new developments, including a series of podcasts featuring Mike Ash, who will discuss evidences supporting the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon and of the prophetic calling of Joseph Smith.”
The Mormon Fair-Cast is available at www.fairblog.org.
FairMormon is an all-volunteer organization of Latter-day Saints who respond to what some Mormons view as unfair criticisms of their faith. The group is not affiliated with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Fans can vote once each day for their favorite podcast in each of the 22 categories at www.podcastawards.com. Approximately 4,000 shows were nominated. Four judges in each category narrowed the nominees to 10 finalists per category. Winners will be announced in January.
- 'Because of Him': LDS video on Christ...
- Miracles found at new temple in Florida
- First Presidency Easter Message
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir celebrates Easter...
- The story behind the missionary reality TV...
- Watch: Mormon Tabernacle Choir performs...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir to carry on tradition...
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on list...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 88
- Obama: Religious intolerance has... 78
- Zeroing in on religious hubs, atheists... 77
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 76
- Ask Angela: With so few choices, should... 75
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on... 51
- How much did President Obama donate to... 46