SALT LAKE CITY — The Mormon Fair-Cast, a podcast produced by FairMormon, is a finalist for a 2013 People's Choice Award for best religious podcast. Voting for the winner begins Nov. 1 and is open to the public through Nov. 15.
This is the third straight nomination for the Mormon Fair-Cast. It won a People's Choice Award in 2011. The 2012 award for best religious podcast went to a show called the Ardent Atheist.
“We’re hoping that this year our fans will prove more ardent than the atheists were last year,” FairMormon vice president Steve Densley Jr. said in a press release. “We have great content and are excited about new developments, including a series of podcasts featuring Mike Ash, who will discuss evidences supporting the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon and of the prophetic calling of Joseph Smith.”
The Mormon Fair-Cast is available at www.fairblog.org.
FairMormon is an all-volunteer organization of Latter-day Saints who respond to what some Mormons view as unfair criticisms of their faith. The group is not affiliated with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Fans can vote once each day for their favorite podcast in each of the 22 categories at www.podcastawards.com. Approximately 4,000 shows were nominated. Four judges in each category narrowed the nominees to 10 finalists per category. Winners will be announced in January.
- Picturing history: West Lebanon, New Hampshire
- Jerry Earl Johnston: At times the people we...
- Why many churches can't endorse political...
- LDS.org post opens arms to 'Pokemon Go' players
- Ohio Mormon offered invocation at Republican...
- BYU climbs from No. 15 to No. 5 in this...
- 5 diverse appeals to God that were just made...
- What's new: 'By the Voice of My Servants'...
- Defending the Faith: Two theological... 31
- BYU climbs from No. 15 to No. 5 in this... 25
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4... 25
- Ohio Mormon offered invocation at... 22
- Why many churches can't endorse... 13
- Revealed: What a draft of the... 10
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment'... 10
- LDS.org post opens arms to 'Pokemon Go'... 9