SALT LAKE CITY — The Mormon Fair-Cast, a podcast produced by FairMormon, is a finalist for a 2013 People's Choice Award for best religious podcast. Voting for the winner begins Nov. 1 and is open to the public through Nov. 15.
This is the third straight nomination for the Mormon Fair-Cast. It won a People's Choice Award in 2011. The 2012 award for best religious podcast went to a show called the Ardent Atheist.
“We’re hoping that this year our fans will prove more ardent than the atheists were last year,” FairMormon vice president Steve Densley Jr. said in a press release. “We have great content and are excited about new developments, including a series of podcasts featuring Mike Ash, who will discuss evidences supporting the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon and of the prophetic calling of Joseph Smith.”
The Mormon Fair-Cast is available at www.fairblog.org.
FairMormon is an all-volunteer organization of Latter-day Saints who respond to what some Mormons view as unfair criticisms of their faith. The group is not affiliated with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Fans can vote once each day for their favorite podcast in each of the 22 categories at www.podcastawards.com. Approximately 4,000 shows were nominated. Four judges in each category narrowed the nominees to 10 finalists per category. Winners will be announced in January.
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on past...
- LDS Church releases video about suicide...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Changing fields: Returned missionary college...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- LDS pitcher Matthew Neil asked for a trial...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 111
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 87
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on... 46
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 36
- Defending the Faith: Some things are... 21
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- California orders churches, others to... 19
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin... 14