Tip for Living: Carmen Rasmusen Herbert declares 'You Are More'
In today's world, many times a women's standards are tested and tried on a daily basis, and there are mixed messages about her individual worth. In "You Are More" (Deseret Book, $10.99), Deseret News columnist Carmen Rasmusen Herbert shares tips she uses to overcome the world's messages and remember who she is.
A woman must ask herself: Who am I? What do I want to become? If a woman doesn't know these things, then she will be someone she doesn't want to know, or end up somewhere she doesn't want to be.
A woman must remember that she has a Heavenly Father and Savior who have helped thousands reach their goals, who know her better than anyone else, and who believe in her goals. With their help, she can achieve anything.
When she is faced with doubts, she must remember she is meant to be here. She has amazing capabilities, and Heavenly Father wants her to succeed more than anyone else does.
Herbert writes, "Sometimes, even when we think we're so sure of something, it doesn't fall into place like we imagine it will. The point is to not give up. Keep trusting and keep going."
Herbert recommends carrying around "For The Strength of the Youth" pamphlets and pass-along cards. They will help young women explain to others who they are and what they believe.
A woman must remember that it is always worth it. She will never regret living the way she knows she should live.
Focus on the permanent, not the temporary. If a woman tries to live up to the world's standards of beauty, she will always be let down. Souls, spirits and hearts can stay beautiful forever.
A woman is never alone and has nothing to fear. Doctrine and Covenants 68:6 says, "Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you."
Herbert urges readers to always remember they are more: a daughter of Heavenly Father. As for herself, she says, "that's who I always want to be."
- Drone flies over LDS Washington D.C.Temple,...
- Wright Words: Former priest, pastor share...
- Parents of eight children both have cancer,...
- LDS Church publishes new Web essay on Book of...
- BYU students took cover in bomb shelter...
- LDS cartoonist finds reason to laugh at,...
- Here's a riddle: What highlights Biblical...
- Making the transition from seminary to institute
- LDS Church publishes new Web essay on... 91
- Ask Angela: I don't want to go to BYU 58
- Reader Voices: An argument for the... 32
- Wright Words: Former priest, pastor... 29
- Hobby Lobby aftermath spawns... 25
- Defending the Faith: FairMormon... 25
- Drone flies over LDS Washington... 16
- Community gathers to break fast, come... 14