When asked for advice about how to blog or using social media in sharing the gospel, Richman offered several tips:
First, share what inspires you with others. Technology makes connecting with family and friends very convenient, Richman said, so don’t hesitate to share inspiring and uplifting messages with them. The LDS Church and other sources provide countless quotes, scriptures, pictures and videos for this purpose. A quote or scripture may be just the thing a friend needs to hear that day, Richman said. “When your friend shares that quote with another friend, the effects can be far-reaching.”
Second, when you share, always include some personal comments to help others understand why you feel it is important, Richman said.
Third, use the technology you know. Not all members understand or use every communication method, but every member can share the gospel in his or her own way, Richman said.
“If you post on Facebook, occasionally share a gospel-related message,” he said. “Talk about how the gospel guides your daily life. You may be amazed at how many people will find inspiration from your experiences.”
Fourth, don’t be afraid to learn something new. “There are lots of blogs and how-to videos that can teach you new things,” Richman said.
LDS.org is another source with basic blogging tips. Bloggers are encouraged to promote their posts and interact with readers by replying to comments. Write about day-to-day life, update your blog often and relate experiences or lessons learned with members at church and in family home evening, the website reads.
“Most important," according to LDS.org, "follow the Holy Ghost’s guidance as you contemplate ways you can use your blog to share the gospel.”
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: tbtoone
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to replace...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces rare,...
- Wright Words: Disney's 'Frozen' and why we...
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- 'Cosmos' return puts science and religion...
- Ask Angela: I suffered from depression,...
- 'Noah' receives disclaimer, may be banned in...
- Church History Symposium examines Mormonism's...
- Gay marriage debate is changing how... 101
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 68
- Local religious leaders urge support... 25
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces rare,... 22
- Wright Words: Disney's 'Frozen' and why... 22
- 'Cosmos' return puts science and... 21
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 20
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to... 20