The Utah Grizzlies play at Stockon this weekend with games Friday, Nov. 1 at 8:30 p.m., and Saturday, Nov. 2 at 8:30 p.m. All games are broadcast live on 1320 KFAN, 1320KFAN.com, iHeart Radio by searching “1320 KFAN” and for $9 PPV on the Utah Grizzlies website.
Through four games so far, the Grizzlies, at 1-1-1-1, have collected standings points in three of their four games.
Returning to Stockton
Grizzlies head coach and General Manager Tim Branham returns to Stockton for the first time since winning the ECHL’s Kelly Cup Championship as the Reading Royals assistant coach on May 25, 2013.
In the ECHL
The Grizzlies are fourth in the ECHL on the power-play at 21.7 percent and fourth on the penalty-kill at 95.2 percent, having killed 20 of 21 penalties. Utah is third in the ECHL with 35 shots per game.
Utah rookie Brent Gwidt leads the ECHL with 25 shots on goal.
Aaron Dell rejoined the Grizzlies Tuesday after being with Anaheim and Utah’s AHL affiliate in Norfolk since opening night after Igor Babkov, under NHL contract with Anaheim, was called up to Norfolk following Friday’s game. Dell went 22-11-6 and was named the Central Hockey League’s Goaltender of the Year last season in Allen and also led the Americans to the league championship, where he played with current Grizzlies assistant captain Adam Pineault.
Pineault has scored in all four games with Utah, tallying four assists.
Also scoring in every game he's played in, Berkley Scott has scored in the three games that he has played and has three assists. Scott is tied for the league lead with three power-play assists.
The Grizzlies are back home on Friday, Nov. 8 and Saturday, Nov. 9, as well as Monday, Nov. 11 for 7 p.m. faceoffs with the Ontario Reign in a rematch of last year’s first round playoff series.
- Morning links: Bronson Kaufusi could be on...
- Free agent roundup: Where local prospects are...
- For some Jazz players, their future is up in...
- Utah State football: Offensive lineman Tyshon...
- 41-year-old mom looking to join U.S. team,...
- Local flavor in the NBA (and beyond): Lillard...
- Detroit Lions pick up fifth-year option on...
- Mike Sorensen: These awful NBA free-throw...
- Big 12 would be better off expanding,... 93
- Going the distance: BYU, Big 12 aren't... 76
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion probable... 65
- Former BYU quarterback Jake Heaps signs... 36
- Utah baseball team surprisingly leads... 31
- Report: Utah's Poeltl, Weber State's... 29
- Dick Harmon: SUU, Kaufusi big winners... 29
- Morning links: Taysom Hill a Top 25... 21