UTAH STATE PRISON —Eric Millerberg will stay in prison for at least another year, on his credit card fraud conviction.
The Utah Board of Pardons and Parole has scheduled another parole hearing for Millerberg in October of 2014.
By that time, Millerberg could also be facing a much more serious sentence.
He is also accused of killing his 16-year-old baby sitter, Alexis Rasmussen, and is scheduled to go to trial in February on charges of child abuse homicide, a first-degree felony; obstruction of justice, a second-degree felony; unlawful sexual activity with a minor and abuse or desecration of a human body, both third-degree felonies.
He is accused of injecting a fatal dose of heroin and methamphetamine into Rasmussen during a drug binge that also included Millerberg's now estranged wife, Dea.
The North Ogden teen was last seen Sept. 10, 2011, when her family said she went to the Millerberg home to baby-sit. Her body was found Oct. 18, 2011, near a river in Morgan County.
Dea Millerberg, 40, will face a single count of abuse or desecration of a human body, a third-degree felony, when her case goes to trial on April 3.
Dea Millerberg has filed for divorce from Eric and is expected to be the state's key witness in testifying against her husband.
During his last parole hearing on Oct. 8, Eric Millerberg told the hearing officer that he planned on re-marrying his first wife, Rachael Moreno, but would remain officially married to his estranged wife, Dea, until after his homicide trial, based on the advice of his attorney.
- Martin MacNeill cuts self with razor in...
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday...
- Longtime teacher, BYU instructor appointed...
- As winter takes hold, needs increase for...
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Federal website fixes allowing more Utahns to...
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 106
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Federal website fixes allowing more... 44
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 26
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela 23
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19