MURRAY — A Grantsville High School choir teacher is under investigation for allegedly committing a sex act in front of a child.
Salvatore Larenzo Degraffenreidt, 30, of Tooele, was charged Oct. 22 in 3rd District Court with lewdness involving a child, a class A misdemeanor.
Charging documents allege that Degraffenreidt was sitting nude in a steam room at the Sports Mall, 5445 S. 900 East. A 12-year-old boy was in the steam room at the time. A Holladay man, 47, also entered the steam room nude.
The man sat next to Degraffenreidt and both started to masturbate. He was also charged with lewdness involving a child.
Murray police contacted Grantsville police who informed the Tooele School District about his arrest. The district placed Degraffenreidt on paid administrative leave on Oct. 21 pending the completion of an investigation.
Degraffenreidt began teaching at Tooele High School in 2008 and then at Grantsville High School in 2010.
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage license...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- Mia Love paying back money spent on...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- Mom whose unbuckled child died was cited for...
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 83
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 54
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 47
- Mia Love paying back money spent on... 44
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 34
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 18
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15