MURRAY — A Grantsville High School choir teacher is under investigation for allegedly committing a sex act in front of a child.
Salvatore Larenzo Degraffenreidt, 30, of Tooele, was charged Oct. 22 in 3rd District Court with lewdness involving a child, a class A misdemeanor.
Charging documents allege that Degraffenreidt was sitting nude in a steam room at the Sports Mall, 5445 S. 900 East. A 12-year-old boy was in the steam room at the time. A Holladay man, 47, also entered the steam room nude.
The man sat next to Degraffenreidt and both started to masturbate. He was also charged with lewdness involving a child.
Murray police contacted Grantsville police who informed the Tooele School District about his arrest. The district placed Degraffenreidt on paid administrative leave on Oct. 21 pending the completion of an investigation.
Degraffenreidt began teaching at Tooele High School in 2008 and then at Grantsville High School in 2010.
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Draper house explodes into flames (+videos)
- Missouri hiker found dead in hot Wayne County...
- See what the pioneers thought, felt as they...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Union Pacific train makes special... 15
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- New solar panels are symbol of the... 11