MURRAY — A Grantsville High School choir teacher is under investigation for allegedly committing a sex act in front of a child.
Salvatore Larenzo Degraffenreidt, 30, of Tooele, was charged Oct. 22 in 3rd District Court with lewdness involving a child, a class A misdemeanor.
Charging documents allege that Degraffenreidt was sitting nude in a steam room at the Sports Mall, 5445 S. 900 East. A 12-year-old boy was in the steam room at the time. A Holladay man, 47, also entered the steam room nude.
The man sat next to Degraffenreidt and both started to masturbate. He was also charged with lewdness involving a child.
Murray police contacted Grantsville police who informed the Tooele School District about his arrest. The district placed Degraffenreidt on paid administrative leave on Oct. 21 pending the completion of an investigation.
Degraffenreidt began teaching at Tooele High School in 2008 and then at Grantsville High School in 2010.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Horse owners urged to have animals vaccinated
- Judiciary panel OK’s ex-Centerville...
- Bank bomb scare prompts evacuation of...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 31
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 14