MURRAY — A Grantsville High School choir teacher is under investigation for allegedly committing a sex act in front of a child.
Salvatore Larenzo Degraffenreidt, 30, of Tooele, was charged Oct. 22 in 3rd District Court with lewdness involving a child, a class A misdemeanor.
Charging documents allege that Degraffenreidt was sitting nude in a steam room at the Sports Mall, 5445 S. 900 East. A 12-year-old boy was in the steam room at the time. A Holladay man, 47, also entered the steam room nude.
The man sat next to Degraffenreidt and both started to masturbate. He was also charged with lewdness involving a child.
Murray police contacted Grantsville police who informed the Tooele School District about his arrest. The district placed Degraffenreidt on paid administrative leave on Oct. 21 pending the completion of an investigation.
Degraffenreidt began teaching at Tooele High School in 2008 and then at Grantsville High School in 2010.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the middle...
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Fire destroys Taylorsville home, damages another
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the... 64
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 23
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16