In an interview with CBS, actor/singer Mandy Patinkin, who played Inigo Montoya in “The Princess Bride,” talked about his favorite quotes from the movie.
“Well, there are two lines from ‘The Princess Bride’ that I love,” Patinkin said in the interview. “The one that everyone is very familiar with is, ‘Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.’ That’s the popular one.”
But Patinkin continued by saying that about five years ago, he heard a different line from the film that touched him. One night his wife was watching "The Princess Bride" and, as he walked in, he caught the end of the movie.
“The 55-, 58-year-old Mandy (was) watching the 30-some-year-old Mandy say a line that I said, 'It’s in the movie, but I didn’t really hear it as that young man,' ” Patinkin said. “And for me, it’s the most potent line in the whole film.”
“That line is, ‘I have been in the revenge business so long, now that it's over, I do not know what to do with the rest of my life.’ And I love that line, and I love it for all of us because the purpose of revenge, in my personal opinion, is completely worthless and pointless. And the purpose of existence is to embrace our fellow human being(s). Not be revengeful, and turn our darkness into light.”
Currently, the Tony Award-winner is on tour for his concert called “An Evening with Mandy Patinkin & Nathan Gunn.”
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid friendly
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is better...
- 6-year-old 'Rapunzel' donates hair to...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Utah’s...
- The Clean Cut: This ATM gives people much...
- The Clean Cut: 3-year-old drumming prodigy...
- Two powerful forces make American... 27
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is... 19
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid... 15
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Utah’s... 14
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- Many adults delay parenthood for these... 5
- Bills aim to bring marriage, family law... 4