Police say man gave Ogden girl rides to school to sexually assault her
OGDEN — A man is behind bars after an elementary school teacher saw him kissing a 10-year-old student.
John Joseph McKnight, 65, was booked into Weber County Jail and charged Monday in 2nd District Court with aggravated sexual abuse of a child, a first-degree felony, after police say he befriended the girl to assault her.
The girl was interviewed at the Weber-Morgan Children's Justice Center after a teacher at her school contacted her father. The girl said McKnight kissed her on the mouth and touched her inappropriately earlier this month when he dropped her off for school.
McKnight told police he met the girl while she was walking on Park Boulevard in Ogden and began driving her to school, buying her things and giving her money, according to a probable cause statement.
McKnight said he never learned the girl's last name and does not know her family. He admitted to accessing child pornography in the past to view images of girls around the age of 13, according to court documents.
— McKenzie Romero
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- Woman accused of stabbing girlfriend 46 times...
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage license...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- 'One drink, one time': New research shows...
- Mia Love paying back money spent on...
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 52
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 47
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 36
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 34
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 18
- Mia Love paying back money spent on... 17
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15