Police say man gave Ogden girl rides to school to sexually assault her
OGDEN — A man is behind bars after an elementary school teacher saw him kissing a 10-year-old student.
John Joseph McKnight, 65, was booked into Weber County Jail and charged Monday in 2nd District Court with aggravated sexual abuse of a child, a first-degree felony, after police say he befriended the girl to assault her.
The girl was interviewed at the Weber-Morgan Children's Justice Center after a teacher at her school contacted her father. The girl said McKnight kissed her on the mouth and touched her inappropriately earlier this month when he dropped her off for school.
McKnight told police he met the girl while she was walking on Park Boulevard in Ogden and began driving her to school, buying her things and giving her money, according to a probable cause statement.
McKnight said he never learned the girl's last name and does not know her family. He admitted to accessing child pornography in the past to view images of girls around the age of 13, according to court documents.
— McKenzie Romero
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Sandy mailman's plea for books gets worldwide...
- Utah natives receive rave reviews, make 'So...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- Body found in suitcase near Saltair identified
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- What consumers need to know about chip...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 292
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 128
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 101
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 88
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 74
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 65
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 35