Police arrest man accused of sexually assaulting woman in restaurant bathroom
WEST VALLEY CITY — Police have arrested a man they say physically and sexually assaulted a woman in a restaurant bathroom early Sunday morning.
Justin Lloyd Martinez, 25, was arrested without incident just after 1 p.m. Tuesday and booked into Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of aggravated kidnapping, aggravated assault and rape.
According to police, Martinez followed a woman into a restaurant bathroom near 3600 West and 5600 South about 3 a.m. Sunday while her friends took their car through the drive-through.
The woman fought the suspect as he physically and sexually assaulted her, calling out for help, police said, scratching him and pulling off his jacket.
Martinez fled when a store employee and one of the woman's friends entered the bathroom looking for her and interrupted the attack, according to police.
Martinez was arrested as he was leaving the West Valley City Driver License Division. A search of court records revealed a warrant was issued for his arrest Oct. 15 when he was charged with forgery, a third-degree felony, and theft by deception, a class A misdemeanor.
— McKenzie Romero
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- Cyclist killed on training run after...
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more in wake...
- American Fork cyclist killed during training...
- Boy, 3, killed in Lehi scooter accident
- President Obama to make first trip to... 114
- Obama expected to stay overnight in... 59
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 42
- School leaders look for solutions to... 26
- Cyclist killed on training run after... 23
- A river runs dry: Water and the future... 16
- San Diego woman wins damages against... 16
- Man who crashed truck into house... 12