Police arrest man accused of sexually assaulting woman in restaurant bathroom
WEST VALLEY CITY — Police have arrested a man they say physically and sexually assaulted a woman in a restaurant bathroom early Sunday morning.
Justin Lloyd Martinez, 25, was arrested without incident just after 1 p.m. Tuesday and booked into Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of aggravated kidnapping, aggravated assault and rape.
According to police, Martinez followed a woman into a restaurant bathroom near 3600 West and 5600 South about 3 a.m. Sunday while her friends took their car through the drive-through.
The woman fought the suspect as he physically and sexually assaulted her, calling out for help, police said, scratching him and pulling off his jacket.
Martinez fled when a store employee and one of the woman's friends entered the bathroom looking for her and interrupted the attack, according to police.
Martinez was arrested as he was leaving the West Valley City Driver License Division. A search of court records revealed a warrant was issued for his arrest Oct. 15 when he was charged with forgery, a third-degree felony, and theft by deception, a class A misdemeanor.
— McKenzie Romero
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 32
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 20
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17