Police arrest man accused of sexually assaulting woman in restaurant bathroom
WEST VALLEY CITY — Police have arrested a man they say physically and sexually assaulted a woman in a restaurant bathroom early Sunday morning.
Justin Lloyd Martinez, 25, was arrested without incident just after 1 p.m. Tuesday and booked into Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of aggravated kidnapping, aggravated assault and rape.
According to police, Martinez followed a woman into a restaurant bathroom near 3600 West and 5600 South about 3 a.m. Sunday while her friends took their car through the drive-through.
The woman fought the suspect as he physically and sexually assaulted her, calling out for help, police said, scratching him and pulling off his jacket.
Martinez fled when a store employee and one of the woman's friends entered the bathroom looking for her and interrupted the attack, according to police.
Martinez was arrested as he was leaving the West Valley City Driver License Division. A search of court records revealed a warrant was issued for his arrest Oct. 15 when he was charged with forgery, a third-degree felony, and theft by deception, a class A misdemeanor.
— McKenzie Romero
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- U. doctor thanks strangers who saved him,...
- Father of slain woman said he lived his life...
- About Utah: For 95-year-old, the secret to...
- 2 children critically injured in wrong-way...
- Ex-A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff due in...
- Police arrest 3 suspected of vandalizing LDS...
- Traditional marriage supporters want... 84
- Educators at UEA convention told to... 40
- Democrats challenge Mia Love's... 38
- Lawmaker pledges to run bill changing... 36
- Feminist speaker claims USU didn't warn... 32
- Federal government extends same-sex... 29
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Mia Love included in a new ad... 21