Police arrest man accused of sexually assaulting woman in restaurant bathroom
WEST VALLEY CITY — Police have arrested a man they say physically and sexually assaulted a woman in a restaurant bathroom early Sunday morning.
Justin Lloyd Martinez, 25, was arrested without incident just after 1 p.m. Tuesday and booked into Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of aggravated kidnapping, aggravated assault and rape.
According to police, Martinez followed a woman into a restaurant bathroom near 3600 West and 5600 South about 3 a.m. Sunday while her friends took their car through the drive-through.
The woman fought the suspect as he physically and sexually assaulted her, calling out for help, police said, scratching him and pulling off his jacket.
Martinez fled when a store employee and one of the woman's friends entered the bathroom looking for her and interrupted the attack, according to police.
Martinez was arrested as he was leaving the West Valley City Driver License Division. A search of court records revealed a warrant was issued for his arrest Oct. 15 when he was charged with forgery, a third-degree felony, and theft by deception, a class A misdemeanor.
— McKenzie Romero
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama administration...
- Syracuse DUI driver sentenced to year in jail...
- Energy summit details massive project planned...
- Photos: Students get a jump on the Memorial...
- West Valley man faces 31 charges in alleged...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 106
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 14
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9