Obamacare is proving to be a colossal failure. Not only can people not enroll due to website failures, but citizens are waking up to the reality that they’ve been lied to. Mr. Obama repeatedly promised Americans that their premiums would “decrease up to $2,500 per family.” He also famously promised that “If you like your insurance plan, you can keep it.”
It is unsurprising to Americans who did not believe these lies that both statements are false, and reports are now being published that the administration knew full well that millions of us would lose our insurance because plans would be canceled, or have to pay much more for it. But the tragic irony is that many of those who are now wailing about losing their insurance or having to pay more are the same ones who cast their vote for this man.
Those who voted for Mr. Obama have forfeited the right to complain about their new health insurance costs because they’ve gotten exactly what they voted for. There is nothing but crocodile tears for those people. Sadly, the rest of us are forced to suffer the consequences of their vote. Perhaps they will think more carefully about whom they vote for next time and peer through campaign rhetoric that is designed to deceive a gullible electorate for the sake of retaining power.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Dan Liljenquist: Detroit is sending a message...
- George F. Will: President Obama's epiphanies...
- Jay Evensen: Utah inversions — 100...
- In our opinion: Refinery should be allowed to...
- Letter: American billionaires
- In our opinion: Don't delay saving for...
- Letter: Golden goose
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 63
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 44
- Letter: American billionaires 38
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 33
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 32
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a... 32
- President should not act without... 28