Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Arena Football League announced its realignment for the 2014 season on Tuesday, and the Utah Blaze were left behind.
The league will feature the prototypical two-conference and four-division format, but with 14 teams. The uncertainly of the Blaze franchise's future was confirmed with its exclusion. Last season, Utah was evicted from EnergySolutions Arena after failing to meet its financial responsibilities as tenants.
First-year owner Kim Brown told the Deseret News in June that the franchise had agreed upon a contract with an undisclosed financial investor, which provided the necessary funds to meet its outstanding debt and complete the 2013 season.
Efforts to contact Brown, the Utah Blaze and AFL officials were unsuccessful.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- BYU falls to Memphis 55-48 in double overtime...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Cougars gain a lot over Final Four weekend...
- Utes capped comeback season with lopsided Las...
- BYU falls to Memphis 55-48 in double... 78
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 36
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 35
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars... 26