Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Arena Football League announced its realignment for the 2014 season on Tuesday, and the Utah Blaze were left behind.
The league will feature the prototypical two-conference and four-division format, but with 14 teams. The uncertainly of the Blaze franchise's future was confirmed with its exclusion. Last season, Utah was evicted from EnergySolutions Arena after failing to meet its financial responsibilities as tenants.
First-year owner Kim Brown told the Deseret News in June that the franchise had agreed upon a contract with an undisclosed financial investor, which provided the necessary funds to meet its outstanding debt and complete the 2013 season.
Efforts to contact Brown, the Utah Blaze and AFL officials were unsuccessful.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 27
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21