Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Arena Football League announced its realignment for the 2014 season on Tuesday, and the Utah Blaze were left behind.
The league will feature the prototypical two-conference and four-division format, but with 14 teams. The uncertainly of the Blaze franchise's future was confirmed with its exclusion. Last season, Utah was evicted from EnergySolutions Arena after failing to meet its financial responsibilities as tenants.
First-year owner Kim Brown told the Deseret News in June that the franchise had agreed upon a contract with an undisclosed financial investor, which provided the necessary funds to meet its outstanding debt and complete the 2013 season.
Efforts to contact Brown, the Utah Blaze and AFL officials were unsuccessful.
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- BYU football: Alani Fua may be next Cougar...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 167
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 35
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 30
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 26