Utah Jazz notebook: Jazz forward Derrick Favors continues to grow
Before their recent preseason game, the Clippers coach admitted this about Hayward: “I have a man crush on that guy. He’s really good.”
“It’s just pretty cool that somebody respects your game like that,” Hayward said. “He’s a great coach. It’s nice that he respects my game.”
NOTABLE COMMENTS: Favors while expressing gratitude to Jazz brass: “I also wanted to thank my mom because she’s a big part of this, too. She told me she loves Utah. She hopes I stay here.”
- Jazz CEO Greg Miller: “I see you as a cornerstone of our organization as we pursue an NBA championship, and I’m thrilled that you’re with us.”
- Jazz president Randy Rigby: “This is another hallmark day for the Utah Jazz.”
- Miller Sports Properties president Steve Miller: “I would like to congratulate Derrick on re-signing with our team and express the excitement that I have individually and the appreciation that we have as a family and an organization to Derrick and his willingness to play a pivotal role, a key role, in our efforts to build a championship-caliber team.”
- Lindsey: “He’s just 22. We feel really good about who he is as a player, but we feel even better about Derrick as a person.”
- Corbin: “I’m excited for Derrick to see him grow as an individual, how he’s grown up to this point, grown as an individual and a player, how he’s embraced this organization and community. He has a lot of work left to be done, but we’re extremely excited about the player he has become so far. We look forward to him continuing to be one of the key players for us. He has demonstrated how he’ll continue to work.”
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Doug Robinson: Weber State track coach isn't...
- J.J. O'Brien's basketball career comes full...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 104
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27