Utah Jazz notebook: Jazz forward Derrick Favors continues to grow
Before their recent preseason game, the Clippers coach admitted this about Hayward: “I have a man crush on that guy. He’s really good.”
“It’s just pretty cool that somebody respects your game like that,” Hayward said. “He’s a great coach. It’s nice that he respects my game.”
NOTABLE COMMENTS: Favors while expressing gratitude to Jazz brass: “I also wanted to thank my mom because she’s a big part of this, too. She told me she loves Utah. She hopes I stay here.”
- Jazz CEO Greg Miller: “I see you as a cornerstone of our organization as we pursue an NBA championship, and I’m thrilled that you’re with us.”
- Jazz president Randy Rigby: “This is another hallmark day for the Utah Jazz.”
- Miller Sports Properties president Steve Miller: “I would like to congratulate Derrick on re-signing with our team and express the excitement that I have individually and the appreciation that we have as a family and an organization to Derrick and his willingness to play a pivotal role, a key role, in our efforts to build a championship-caliber team.”
- Lindsey: “He’s just 22. We feel really good about who he is as a player, but we feel even better about Derrick as a person.”
- Corbin: “I’m excited for Derrick to see him grow as an individual, how he’s grown up to this point, grown as an individual and a player, how he’s embraced this organization and community. He has a lot of work left to be done, but we’re extremely excited about the player he has become so far. We look forward to him continuing to be one of the key players for us. He has demonstrated how he’ll continue to work.”
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley paying a...
- Morning links: Bronson Kaufusi could be on...
- Dick Harmon: Sitake is taking advantage of...
- Free agent roundup: Where local prospects are...
- For some Jazz players, their future is up in...
- Utah State football: Offensive lineman Tyshon...
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL draftee
- 41-year-old mom looking to join U.S. team,...
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley... 116
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL... 75
- Big 12 would be better off expanding,... 61
- Guest commentary: BYU football and... 40
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of... 32
- Former BYU quarterback Jake Heaps signs... 30
- Report: Utah's Poeltl, Weber State's... 27
- Dick Harmon: SUU, Kaufusi big winners... 24