In a time of intense political, economic and social tension, it seems reasonable to assume our elected officials would step up to the plate and bat for America. Why then does it appear they are doing the exact opposite? Instead of facing down our national debt and finding a solution, Congress meets, argues, points fingers and no one takes responsibility.
They never fix the problem. Instead they find every reason why it isn't their fault and do everything in their power to preserve a reputation. And that’s where we find our problem; it should never be about their reputation, but about what sacrifices and compromises need to made, even if they’re difficult. But then again, if there’s one thing Congress does well, it’s put off a difficult decision.
- From GOP convention to Pokemon Bernie: Last...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention — a...
- John Florez: Justice delayed is justice denied
- My view: More whites should practice meekness...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 35
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 30
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 27
- My view: More whites should practice... 22
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 21
- Letter: Vote Gary Johnson 16
- John Florez: Justice delayed is justice... 13