In a time of intense political, economic and social tension, it seems reasonable to assume our elected officials would step up to the plate and bat for America. Why then does it appear they are doing the exact opposite? Instead of facing down our national debt and finding a solution, Congress meets, argues, points fingers and no one takes responsibility.
They never fix the problem. Instead they find every reason why it isn't their fault and do everything in their power to preserve a reputation. And that’s where we find our problem; it should never be about their reputation, but about what sacrifices and compromises need to made, even if they’re difficult. But then again, if there’s one thing Congress does well, it’s put off a difficult decision.
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 71
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 65
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 45
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 40
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23